Discuss Altecnic and Grundfos circulator HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newbie999

Hi - thanks for reading this.

I have a central heating system which was working fine until the fiddled. There's a lesson here: don't touch what you don't understand.

I have an Altecnic Robokit sealed system with a Grundfos 15-50 circulator. I twisted open what I guess is an air valve at the top of the Robokit unit while the circulator was running. Now I have no hot water running to rads. I think no water is going to circulator.

Have I bled air from the sealed unit?

Any ideas??

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20151114_192518.jpg
    IMG_20151114_192518.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20151114_192529.jpg
    IMG_20151114_192529.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20151114_192546.jpg
    IMG_20151114_192546.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 20
If you opened the red valve on top of the red vessel, then you have taken the water pressure off your heating system. Top it up by opening the valves on the filling loop. Usually about 1bar on many systems
Probably just the 1/4 turn valve attached to the silver hose os where you need to turn on for a brief moment to bring the black needle back up to correct pressure

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response - that worked! I won't be sleeping in cold house tonight! Very grateful.

also the level valve about 1 foot above the pump wants opening as there is an auto air above it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Altecnic and Grundfos circulator HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hi everyone, My flat is located next to a communal boiler with a hot water circulator pump ( Grundfos UPS 15-50N Secondary Hot Water Circulator...
Replies
Views
ChristineLondon
C
Hello, I have just had my 15year old Grundfos UPS 15 50 replaced with an Alpha 1 and the Alpha 1 seems quite a bit noisier than the the old one, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we have a water circulation pump to bring hot water from our woodburning stove and send it to a thermal accumulator tank. We've just...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have a Grundfos SoloLift2 WC1 on a toilet and since a few months the impeller keeps getting stuck. I was quite happy to...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock