Currently reading:
am i allowed to suggest a good cheap printing company?

Discuss am i allowed to suggest a good cheap printing company? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, well i saw a post earlier about a printing comany doing 1000 for, i think 60 quid.... but to help out you fellow plumbs, there is a company in woolwich, london that does 5000 double sided, in colour, postcard size, thick, laminated for £80

thinking about it, im not sure if it was coz my sister recommended me... but as far as i was concerned it was the price, they didnt say any thin about the price because of recommendation. all ill say, incase im not meant to say, is that it is T and .... in woolwich, london. i picked it up myslef so dont know about postage

google it x

mayyybeeeee, maybe not. im not sure ecowarm.... ring them and see. but let me know what they say, out of interest. put on a feminin voice, just incase ;)

ecowarm, you get to 'pretend' to dress up like a laydeeeeee too. if any one walks in on you talking like a lady and dressed like one, you could say you was just getting into character :)

i am just a girl, a girl in a mans world...

this is a mans world, a mans world, but it wouldnt be nothing, nothing, without a woman or a gillrrrr.......
love a bit of james brown!

never made up flyer since a mate said it was a waste of money . . .

used to get some joy from google adwords back in the days (everyone searches online these days), but went up to over £2.50 a click!!!!

get a google maps business listing though - free and I definitely have had thousands of pounds worth of business from it!

anyone with a smart phone is likely to use it to search locally instead of the yellow pages.

When using flyers you need to catch people's eye with something that they can immediately relate to, and give them a reason not to put it straight in the bin with yet another piece of junk mail that has been dumped in their letterbox.

Frame your core message in terms of what they can "save" by using your services, not what they can: "spend"!

If you are after boiler servicing, then emphasise the fact that you will check the whole system, and not just the boiler, and link the cost of the service to what they might save by having a system that is running efficiently. Mention common boiler and system faults that can "easily increase annual gas bills by more than £100 per year", so that the £65 (or so) you charge for a service starts to look as if it might actually mean a saving of £35 per year.

Mention the risks of carbon monoxide and the fact that you will check their boiler for related faults that might increase the risk to their family ... maybe you also mention that you have an offer on re an alarm that can protect them and their family from such risks throughout the year.

Mention that most boiler warranties require boilers to have an annual service as a condition of the guarantee.

At the bottom of the flyer mention that by Law their boiler must be serviced by a Gas Safe Registered engineer, and include your business name alongside the Gas Safe logo.

Like most people, I put 99% of junk mail straight in the bin - on the way to the bin I scan the bits of paper and I put about 1% on the side because it might have some use to me, now, or later on.

A local Estate Agent always includes a calender on their flyers, and I usually keep that one, even though I don't need an Estate Agent. But, if I do need such a service in the future, they are one of the first that would come to mind ... AND I know that their marketing is good and better than most of their competitors who never send me a calender, just a load of BS about how many people they have on their books looking for a house JUST LIKE MINE! (Don't you just hate liars!!!)

So there's a few tips.

An alternative is that you can put a picture of yourself on the flyer beating your chest like Tarzan overwritten in large letters with: "I'M THE BEST".

Another swing-bin star will have been born!

Best and cheapest printing company I've found is here:
http://www.1-2-print.co.uk/cls_blu-e...02EDBA3BD7CAAC

They print 5,000 x A6 leaflets printed both sides in full colour on 250gsm gloss CARD for only £50 Prices include delivery and the quality is superb.

I had problems contacting a sponsor on here especially after recommending them and some one else's order from the forum took ages.

You're welcome and I hope the link also helps those that are struggling to find work just now.

Yes, definitely second that one.

There's a very good free graphics package here:-

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

Plus, this company do low-cost DIY websites with hosting - if you can use a mouse, you can build a very respectable website. I've used them for hosting and domains in the past, and found them very reliable and reasonable.

1&1 Internet - Home

Yes, definitely second that one.

There's a very good free graphics package here:-

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

Plus, this company do low-cost DIY websites with hosting - if you can use a mouse, you can build a very respectable website. I've used them for hosting and domains in the past, and found them very reliable and reasonable.

1&1 Internet - Home
I use Gimp and Inkscape on Linux. Adobe CS5 on Windows and the best value for money package in the world is Serif Pageplus X6. I'm a qualified graphic designer and litho printer.

I use Gimp and Inkscape on Linux. Adobe CS5 on Windows and the best value for money package in the world is Serif Pageplus X6. I'm a qualified graphic designer and litho printer.

The more strings you have to your bow these days, the better, imo.

Now the guys know where to ask for advice on presenting their businesses! :)

The more strings you have to your bow these days, the better, imo.

Now the guys know where to ask for advice on presenting their businesses! :)
I've helped scores of people on here with free leaflet designs and have a backlog for some I've not had the time to finish due to being really busy at work, but will be finished as soon as I'm able.
Being a graphic designer and printer helps me to do all my own marketing to a very high professional standard and gets me the work that I have that is keeping me so busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to am i allowed to suggest a good cheap printing company? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back