Discuss An I being ripped off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think that if he/she has repiped the entire heating, gas and hot and cold then it dont sound like a rip off.

without knowing the job specifics nobody on this forum can give you an accurate answer and any comments should be taken as a guess :)

if gas man bought 6m bundles, his windscreen would never be in place :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As a first year apprentice one of my xmas jobs was to peel the end caps off and cut a foot off the 20' lengths then put the cap back on.

Can't do that on 10' bundles and keep your job :lol:

bit old skool arnt you oz,when I worked out there all the tube outs were in crimp fit plastic,copper only for gas

Yes..that's true.

Although we still use plenty of copper, plastic and composite pipe have taken over, even for gas work.
I just find the price of the fittings for some of the larger diameter pipes for plastic and composite pipe too expensive and depending on the job, it is sometimes beneficial and economical to run copper.

Oz-Plumber

It's a heap of money for pipe only. Does the plumb say anything else is included? Is the. £2k going towards the boiler and other materials? There's Mark up and there's mark up!

That is ace and will go in the big book of plumbing Thank you
Mind you there is a young man at Rays opertion doing just the same
all day every day 24 hrs a day 7 days a week - thats why Ray has a twin engine sqirrel chopper !
As a first year apprentice one of my xmas jobs was to peel the end caps off and cut a foot off the 20' lengths then put the cap back on.

Can't do that on 10' bundles and keep your job :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Never give that amount of cash out man.
Gonna have to get a few quotes I think,
give a few plumbers a call and
you can make a better judgement then its
up to you to make the best decision and
never let price be the deciding factor, you're
gonna have to shop around and
let a few quotes roll in and then
you can make a more informed decision, then its
down to which one you feel the best about, and
never feel pressured to give out cash because its
gonna end it tear and the plumber may go on the
run with your hard earned. Have a good look
around at local plumbers
and choose the one that best suits you and
desert the bad ones that ask for cash
you will make the right decision

I think everyone is forgetting that the plumber has probably added 25% because the customer is a sparky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to An I being ripped off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock