Search the forum,

Discuss Ancient 'Tower' TVR cap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr chapman

Hi ,
Can anyone tell me how to remove a 'Tower' TVR cap? the radiator is cold whilst the rest of the house is fine so I need to check the pin underneath is not jammed.
I tried to remove it earlier and a couple of the black clips came off!!
Is this good /bad? I have photos if needed.
Thanks

Here's an [DLMURL="http://www.tfc-group.co.uk/assets/graphics/static/TRV%20Spec.pdf"]illustration[/DLMURL] that might help with where to detach.

~ Post 2 of 75 useful (?) posts ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Turn it to no. 5, then unscrew the chrome ring underneath and top half will then lift off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ancient 'Tower' TVR cap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking for some advice on how to remove this radiator value to check if the pin is stuck. I have two similar values in the house where those radiators aren’t heating up at all. The pipe leading into the value is cold but the rest of the system is working fine. Thanks for any help/advice!
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip coming from the black nylon plastic drain plug at the back of the boiler which is accessible from the underneath. It does not appear to be from the thread...
Replies
Views
Good morning! I'm replacing my sink and I have a question about the plumbing, hope you can help. When the old one was removed I was able to add valves and resume normal operation for the rest of the house. You will see from the picture the piping coming from the main valve is doing a loop...
Replies
Views
F
Hi, We have a new Ideal Logic Combi 30. A radiator today came off the wall and developed a leak. Plumber came and fixed (but didn't). At that time the boiler was fine. Today the boiler has lost pressure. I have followed the videos on yt and nothing works. Just stays telling me F1. I have...
Replies
Views
FrankMcg
F
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced me to run some pipes outside the walls, so I put in stopcocks at the point where the new pipework joins the old Just In Case. I used copper pipe and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock