Discuss Annoys Me in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Threads like this annoy the hell out of me.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/87052-vented-ch-system.html

Obviously we are here to help but when some of us struggle for work and you get people wanting a complete answer to a full heating issue it annoys me .

Basic issues are fine with me but when people come here wanting answers when they are usually to tight to pay for a plumber flaming vexes me

grrrrrrrr

I don't think there is any harm in asking the question. I have asked questions on other forums about motorbikes etc in the hope of learning and being able to fix it myself. There are mechanics on those forums who are happy to help out. Some jobs I feel comfortable to do myself, some I don't so I go and see an expert.
These forums are for the general public, DIYers and professional tradesmen. If people want to come here to learn and try and save a bit of money then why not. Its up to you if you personally want to help them out, if you don't then just ignore it and contribute just to help out other professionals.

Threads like this annoy the hell out of me.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/87052-vented-ch-system.html

Obviously we are here to help but when some of us struggle for work and you get people wanting a complete answer to a full heating issue it annoys me .

Basic issues are fine with me but when people come here wanting answers when they are usually to tight to pay for a plumber flaming vexes me

grrrrrrrr

I Agree with your post, and i dont have a problem with people giving something a go them selves but i do agree that sometimes its best just to get a professional in, thats why i do the breaks,oil and filters on my van myself, but take it to my mechanic for anything more involved

Personally I think we should only give limited advise to the general public. My knowledge was hard come by, and I won't just give it away.

I have always found most DIY work to be a disaster.
And I am including the blokes who are very clever and skilled with their hands and knowledgable. They just don't realise even basic plumbing needs a bit of thought and skill.
That's why I get fed up with people making excuses for doing their own plumbing, - "Cant find a plumber" etc. Truth is usually they are trying to save a few pounds.

Same on the Sparks forum and they have an extra step they have a diy badge

One of the reasons why you will NEVER find me offering meaningful advice....

They guy with the DIY nest stat springs to mind.

I pay 1000s to train, retrain to give these fookers the answer for free so they can fumble to the solution...

if your not willing to share what you know theres little point reading any thing other than the plumbers arms and the closed gas safe forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Annoys Me in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm after some help regarding my Father in laws heating system. He has had a local engineer around but hasn't had a fix and is very remote so...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock