Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss another permelli meter box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

called to turn gas onto a house that has been empty for a while - got there to find permalli box with the normal smashed holes in it - called gas emergency who said someone has been to check that last wk and its ok - had to quote gas unsafe situation ref nunbers at him and explain any damage to meter box is AR .they agreed to send somone else after i got shirty - other engineer said i was right and they will repair with fibre glass kit they wont replace now - what a bodge will post pics if i rtn to see what they have done.

A meter box with holes in is AR. However it's the house owners responsibility and not the service provider afaik?

the problem with these boxes for the supplier is the main normally comes up inside the brickwork/cavity, they should really move the main to the outside and into a semi consealed box as a new install would be.

the problem with these boxes for the supplier is the main normally comes up inside the brickwork/cavity, they should really move the main to the outside and into a semi consealed box as a new install would be.

they refuse to coming to bodge with glas fibre

well been to another this wk and same sinario - young engineer told customer its completely safe phoned them back and quoted the gas regs again at them and they changed their mind - they need a good kick up the bum from gas safe to get these sorted. if it was us engineers they would come down on us like a ton of bricks

well engineer said yes there is access for gas to enter the house through the hole in the meter box but the void is sealed so its ok .whats the difference from this to a meter under a stairs he said that is in the property and could leak gas . told him i dont make the regs and he was the last one to touch it

Can anyone post a picture of a "permelli" meter box? Is it the brown free standing one with the lift up lid?

Can anyone post a picture of a "permelli" meter box? Is it the brown free standing one with the lift up lid?

this was the worst i have seen gas pipe goes into cavity on side of box as well. lever is in the house

Attachments

• gas box 3.jpg
    gas box 3.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 35
  • gas box 2.jpg
    gas box 2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 28
Nice one, that is shocking. How can they they that is ok??
they changed that one got no pics of the most recent but similar apart from pipe in the side .engineer wvwn said whats the problem if the meter was in the house eg like a terrace it could leak gas into property - sort mate but i dont make rules - showed him the gas unsafe situations book .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to another permelli meter box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hello, What would cause an intermittent gas leak around a boiler? In the evenings there is a strong smell of gas coming from the boiler. I got...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
My daughter has just moved into her first rental house with gas stove and hot water in Melbourne. The meter (pictured) definitely has gas...
Replies
Views
Sorry I have sort of asked this before, tried professionals but not great 1st experience hence DIY attempt attempt again. 2 completely cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock