Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone fitted the Vaillant ecofit pure range in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyswamp

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
As above, has anyone fitted any of the ecofit pure range, if so what are they like
Are there any improvements on the ecotec range
I need a cupboard fit, rear flued boiler for my own house and they seem to fit the bill

I havent fitted any but they are a cheaper alternative to the ecotec - no Stainless heat exchanger

I believe they are the same inside as a glow worm energy

fitted a couple of glow worm energy and they are pretty good so far

Cheers lads
Have ordered it from Williams for delivery tomorrow, needs to be fitted and working asap

I've fitted a few. The instruction manual spends more time on how to transport and lift the boiler than telling you how to fit it. It maybe a way to stop the DIYers fitting them.

I fitted one. Not sure I will bother again.
No manual pressure gauge. Don't like the way the front clips on. Condensate connection is too long and not long enough at the same time ! ( you will see what I mean).
Basically you have a cheaper boiler, that has been made cheaper.
Won't be fitting another, it's worth paying more for the stainless ecotec.

Fitting one tomorrow, I'll come back and let you know my verdict !

I'd like to hear what you think too!

was at vaillant on monday had a quick look reminds me of the glow-worm with the option for rear flue a bit smaller than the ecotec pro/plus you do get a 7 year warranty
thinking of installing one next week.

I've hung it and part piped it (sinking pipe work into walls as want nothing on show)
Not too impressed so far, it's a glow worm with a Vaillant fascia IMHO
Too much plastic inside, as Chalked said the cover doesn't come off easy (maybe to deter DIYers) condense hose is fine for my installation, but could do with being 6 " longer or 3" shorter for a standard fit
Haven't fired it up yet, but should be tomorrow after pulling the old 42cdi off the wall, altering pipe work in ceiling and behind cupboards, so don't know how quiet/loud it is
My verdict up to now is I've paid a couple hundred quid too much for a Glowworm

Fitted, commissioned, finished.

I thought the connections/valves underneath were fiddly, condensate hose, as above, could do with being a bit longer or shorter, case was a bit awkward, instruction manual needs re writing. On the positive side, it's lighter, smaller, very quiet, ( up to now ) and I prefer the hanging bracket to the old one, ( more holes). The gas valve test point is easy to get at and there's one underneath on Gas Cock too.
I don't think it will sway me away from the plus or pro tbh. I'd use it again if room/space was an issue though.

Any pics guys ?

I fitted one a couple of weeks ago and half regretted it to be honest. Not that it didn't work or anything, just that i fit a lot of Heatline Capriz 2 boilers for landlords (because they are cheap) and they look almost exactly the same inside (as others say i believe a Glowworm is basically the same too), and they cost about half as much as the Vaillant. Granted you get a longer warranty with the Vaillant, just that i think if someone wants a Vaillant they don't want the same boiler as a cheap one but with a longer warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone fitted the Vaillant ecofit pure range in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock