Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone got / tried one of these? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also while we're at it has anyone got any tips for removing scale from pipe like you'd get from a leak that went unnoticed for ages before sealing itelf? I find that harder than paint by far.

No. I remember someone posting on here a few years ago about same.
Bet it scores the pipes but no different than using the blunt back edge of a Stanley knife I suppose. Blow lamp if safe does a good job usually to soften the paint and a rub off with steel wool.
If pipes have scale damage from leaks I always just prefer to remove the bit of pipe and replace. But if not possible - like a rad valve pipe going into a solid floor, I just scrape it with back of knife blade and use emery cloth on it. Bad long term leak on copper can cause pin hole leak

That's definitely a plumbers tool box in the video with all that carp in there!

I just use my grips to take the worst of it off then a cleaning strip to finish it off.

That paint looked like it come off far to easy. If I get bored I throw a compression on it.

on another note, I've started to use my vein for cutting awckward pipes. Like retro fitting a Magna clean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone got / tried one of these? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Did anyone watch Britain's Got Talent last night? There was a Plumber on from Stockport called Darren who bottled it last year but did his...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock