Discuss Anyone recommend a TRV that the owner can "lock" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Nothing complicated or expensive ideally. He has students and wants to be able to change setting on TRV now and then but then stop it being tampered with. Thanks

I think Drayton do a tamper proof version, which you set then the cover just turns but doesn't alter the settings

Last edited:
Nothing complicated or expensive ideally. He has students and wants to be able to change setting on TRV now and then but then stop it being tampered with. Thanks

I thought that's what lockshield valves where for,

What's the problem with people adjusting them, if there too hot in the room

Yeah I saw those. I reckon he'll think they're too expensive. I'll probably suggest normal TRV's and tell him to use tamper proof tape on it or something.

I don't have much heating knowledge - I just change the odd rad/valve. Am I right in thinking changing it to a lockshield is pointless because even if set low it will still eventually get to maximum heat but just more slowly? Or will the reduced circulation keep it cooler if it's low enough? I know this is super-elementary but it's not my bag baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone recommend a TRV that the owner can "lock" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock