Discuss Anyone used new Manometer Rigid Tube? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumbs

I saw these advertised in installer magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm.sometimes the simplest ideas are the best.

Mind you..instead of blowing £8.00 you could make your own.

I shall not charge you for my extension device!

Simply get a short length of 10mm tubing,straighten it,fit a short length of manometer tubing to one end and bind it inplace with insulation tape or similar. Next connect your manometer tube to the other end and thence to your guage...simples..

Totally pointless imo.
On the vid if he had dropped the controls he could have had a tube connected in 2 seconds longer.

Totally pointless imo.
On the vid if he had dropped the controls he could have had a tube connected in 2 seconds longer.
Yes i tend to agree. The fact that there is a test point means that it will almost certainly be accessible. I could see that it might be handy in some circs for convenience but then again,you would have to have an equally long screwdriver/socket to undue the test point and then how would you test it when you had tightened it again? Squirt LDF all over the place to dribble onto the controls?

How would you test the ferrolis and vallants with the gas valve in the wrong way round???

These valves really grind my gears :mad:

I agree John and vaillants gas valve fixings on an ecotec pro28 R1 (TA80s I think) are a nightmare if you do not know how to screw them in lathered with silicone grease first if all when attempting to change valve for a replacement.

haha i applied and was sent one as a freebie as one of the first 25 to apply and got is yesterday, TBH i think it is simple and effective, you wont need it on every appliance, but there are some places it will be perfect for, one that springs to mind is on a BBU without taking the fire out, the retail price of neary £7 is way over the top, for what can be made out of a round pen refill and a 25mm of rubber tube, it i didnt pay for it so it is brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone used new Manometer Rigid Tube? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I had this installed by a plumber the other day and if I’m honest, I’m not happy really. All in flexis when i think it could have been...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just installed a combination all in one WC/small basin…. Out of the fill valve there is a small tube which emits a lot of water...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'd like to install new radiators in my home which are currently fed by copper pipe via the floor boards. I live in a bungalow and access...
Replies
Views
I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring...
Replies
Views
Easy if you're a plumber I guess, but if you have no plumbing knowledge? Its a Bosch, nearly ten years old I think, its door won't shut, so it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock