Discuss Apollo Thorn 50/65B Not Firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

edd82

My Apollo boiler is not firing up and I wondered if anyone might be able to help me suss out what might be wrong so that I can get a part ordered and delivered before Christmas.

The pilot light is working ok and the hi/lo seems to be working as I can hear it activating something in the boiler when you switch it from hi to low. The continuos switch seems to be starting up the pump as I can hear it working when I turn it on so I guess thats ok. The problem is that the burner just doesn't fire up.

I've checked the thermostat and it's making a click noise as it's always done so I presume it's ok. I've left it overnight and tried this morning but still not joy, i'm guessing it's prob not the overheat cut off as I read that it should release once its cooled off.

I'm trying to get the corgi guy over to check it but just thought i'd try and get some pointers before hand as I really need it back on line before Christmas.

It's a pretty old boiler so is in line for renewal. I'm able to just about get parts so hopefully I might be able to get it through the winter . It's a Apollo Thorn 50/65 and I think it's a B as it's got a balance flue.

There is a fault on the gas side - probably a dodgy gas valve. This will need a Gassafe (not Corgi now) registered person to diagnose and repair.

Thanks for the quick response. I managed to get hold of a GasSafe engineer now so hopefully he can sort it when he comes over.

check for 240 volts on wires to gas valve when pump is on if the voltage is there then its new gas valve about ÂŁ95

Yes it was the solenoid in the gas valve. Heating engineer gave it a tap and it unseized. I had a new one put in just before Christmas and it has been fine. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Apollo Thorn 50/65B Not Firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Am trying to understand my mother's Apollo boiler. It has an intermittent fault. In the last couple of years, it has had a new...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, All was good until one day the hot water suddenly started running quite a lot cooler. Putting my hand on the output at the boiler it's...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock