Search the forum,

Discuss Apprenticeship? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnmaincar

Hey guys,

im currently a full qualified electrician with part p and inspect and testing and all of that. Im still young so i was thinking of doing an apprenticeship in plumbing and heating because apprenticeships seem the best way to really learn most important things in the trade, Would you reccomend any good companys who do apprenticeships. this way i do not need a portfollio right? because im doing practical work during apprenticeship.

do you think its a good career in terms of financial stability (i know this question asked to many times but i cant help but ask)

Nothing wrong with adding more strings to the bow though Rob.
Remember, if you do another apprenticeship your back to crap wages ;)

And you still need to complete a portfolio assuming its a college apprenticeship

Do some proper research into your possible career John, there are no short-cuts to understanding what is going to be required, costs, rewards and time it is going to take.

You can't just ask a bunch plumbers is it good !!!

Why don't you want to get a job as a full qualified electrician ??

Nothing wrong with adding more strings to the bow though Rob.
Remember, if you do another apprenticeship your back to crap wages ;)

No but sparks are generally paid more then plumbers and neither trade is something you can just dip your toe into.

i think i have not worded it properly. Im not asking just couple of plumbers is the money good etc even though thats the way it sounded, I do have a full time sparks job i jsut always think its good to learn other trades especailly when they compliment each other in the sense that fault finding on boilers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Apprenticeship? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock