Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Aquatherm in the Commercial Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Ch4 plumbing

Ch4 plumbing Plumber GSR

Hi Guys

Has anyone used or been involved with this product? It has come up on a spec.

2. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Yeah green plastic you melt with an 'iron'

3. lame plumber

lame plumber Guest

never seen it, is it specced for a reason or has the architect just copied someone elses spec to save time as they all do, I reckon one bloke did one initially and the rest just copied his spec

4. Ch4 plumbing

Ch4 plumbing Plumber GSR

That's the kiddie, have you used it? any concerns or problems?

5. Ch4 plumbing

Ch4 plumbing Plumber GSR

I would imagine the reason is cost compared to LCS (install time maybe not material cost)

6. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

It needs plenty of brackets as it will sag
    Don't burn yourself too many times with the iron

7. Ch4 plumbing

Ch4 plumbing Plumber GSR

Have you done the course?

8. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

No, was shown on site.
    It's pretty simple

9. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

I used it on site about 7 years ago was supposed to be the next best thing at the time.

Cant recall it being awkward other than a set time to make the weld ,one thing i do recall tho is that the bur from the pipe use to get into valves with filters.

10. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

We had a similar product over here.
    Make sure you read the MI's for expansion loops !!!.
    Make sure you test it to the correct pressures for a minimum of 24 hours.

11. Pompeyboy

Pompeyboy New Member

It's good stuff, mark your weld depth cut the pipe straight. Start the fitting first weld the pipe for the right time, push the fitting and pipe together to your marked depth hold in place. Can't go wrong pal.