Discuss Are 90mm pan cons for cast iron / clay? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually let me start over...

How would you sort this out.

The loo is wobbly because the base is cracked/shifting. The pan connector is leaking where it's going into soil, I'm thinking because wrong size i.e. crammed into too small a soil pipe? What would be the best thing to do? Would you have to replace the base? Or could you remove the base and re-do pan cons with some sort of straight connector / ofset / angled mallarcky set up...

IMAG0460.jpg

I know I'm just talking to myself here so please excuse the stream of consciousness

I think I've chosen the right pan connector but it will need a plinth. What would you make plinth out of and could you get a decent cut shape and finish if all you have is a not especially good jigsaw?

Thanks

whats the pan sitting on - it looks like a carefully shaped piece of toast (thick sliced)

toast lol. it looks like chipboard to me, use some wbp or marine ply.

I've got some 25mm marine ply. Two bits of that looks like right thickness.

But what do you reckon to a) my choice of pan con b) my chances of cutting the plinth to look ok with a jigsaw. How do you get that neat cut look?

Looks like a potential dogs dinner to me - but hey we have all been here. So
1. altering the cast will be really tricky and expensive
2. so take the wc all out and put a 'proper mulitquick' into the cast. that will get the seal.
3. build the pan up on a thick paving slab or floor tile no absorbant stuff
4. then use a long cheaper pan connecter
5. then get paid in cash

Centralheatking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Are 90mm pan cons for cast iron / clay? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock