Discuss Ariston STI 150, unvented indirect cylinder. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

My house (old) has a heating system installed with a Protech Anti corrosion system, I don't know how old the cylinder is, which is showing signs of rust from around the Protech box! I can see the outside skin of the cylinder is thin mild steel, but thought the core was stainless steel? Is such corrosion usual, and how can I age the cylinder, (the label was not filled in by the installer). I am trying to ascertain if/when I will need a new cylinder fitted. The rest of the system is fairly new (boiler and controls 3 years old).ps I would get one installed by a qualified agent and am aware of the Regulations. Thanks Roger.

From memory the early Ariston cylinders were enamel lined mild steel so you could well have a problem. If that's the case I would replace A S A P.
Thanks for your advise, I did try contacting Ariston Customer (Non) Service, to find out how old the cylinder was or info as how to date the cylinder... still waiting. If Ariston are this helpful, I am not sure their aftercare would be up to much, so what makes are considered long lasting replacement cylinders.

I would be guided by you installer everyone has there own preference. We normally use RM cylinders who have a number of different ranges, but that's because I know some of top people there!

Reply to Ariston STI 150, unvented indirect cylinder. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi - I have a plumber booked in to look at this, but I would also like to understand myself what is causing the issue we have. We have a slow...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my...
Replies
Views
Hi All, looking for some advice. I have ARISTON CLASSICO UNVENTED INDIRECT CYLINDER ST1 210 which has corroded at one of the main inlets and is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Trying to decide which cylinder to go for? I am renovating my house which will end up having four bathrooms and a wc. I am planning to go...
Replies
Views
Happy Christmas everyone, We’ve just had a new Gledhill Stainless Lite indirect unvented cylinder installed by Dyno. It is making an alarmingly...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock