Search the forum,

Discuss Ariston STI 150, unvented indirect cylinder. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

My house (old) has a heating system installed with a Protech Anti corrosion system, I don't know how old the cylinder is, which is showing signs of rust from around the Protech box! I can see the outside skin of the cylinder is thin mild steel, but thought the core was stainless steel? Is such corrosion usual, and how can I age the cylinder, (the label was not filled in by the installer). I am trying to ascertain if/when I will need a new cylinder fitted. The rest of the system is fairly new (boiler and controls 3 years old).ps I would get one installed by a qualified agent and am aware of the Regulations. Thanks Roger.

From memory the early Ariston cylinders were enamel lined mild steel so you could well have a problem. If that's the case I would replace A S A P.
Thanks for your advise, I did try contacting Ariston Customer (Non) Service, to find out how old the cylinder was or info as how to date the cylinder... still waiting. If Ariston are this helpful, I am not sure their aftercare would be up to much, so what makes are considered long lasting replacement cylinders.

I would be guided by you installer everyone has there own preference. We normally use RM cylinders who have a number of different ranges, but that's because I know some of top people there!

Reply to Ariston STI 150, unvented indirect cylinder. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock