Discuss At Risk appliances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

midge

This week, I've been returning to properties I visited a year ago. On every occasion where I had previously issued At Risk notices and turned off appliances they have completely ignored my advice, taken off the labels, turned the appliances back on and the same faults are still there.

Why is it that Mr Public seems to think they know best? OK, I'm covered, but the whole point is to prevent accidents and give good advice. Sometimes I dispair :sad3:

How do you gas lads stand with regard to this. I see it with the oil, I do a service, document the issues under 'customer advised' and see the same thing the next year. I know I've covered my backside but some of the stuff I see is pretty dodgy.

RIDDOR
Persons unknown, as the homeowner is certainly not going to admit to it, have re-instated the faulty appliance.

Even if they are privately owned / occupied residences there may be a knock on effect to neighbours.

This week, I've been returning to properties I visited a year ago. On every occasion where I had previously issued At Risk notices and turned off appliances they have completely ignored my advice, taken off the labels, turned the appliances back on and the same faults are still there.

Why is it that Mr Public seems to think they know best? OK, I'm covered, but the whole point is to prevent accidents and give good advice. Sometimes I dispair :sad3:

Same in my game guys, ok its not life threatening but sound advice ignored none the less.
Had a customer refuse to let me change a dodgy joint in discharge pipe, said he would do it cheaper himself but within 2 weeks the joint blew and he had 6 litre of liquid slurry through the ceiling, me I sat in the van and laughed.

Riddor - nothing happens! Just waste more o your day complying with laws only u follow! Groundhog Day !

just id them, using your engineering judgement you have judged the customer to be a moron and dangerous to others.

I always thought only a registered engineer could turn an appliance back on? What is the bottom line then?

I always thought only a registered engineer could turn an appliance back on? What is the bottom line then?

If the householder turns an A.R appliance back on and kills themselves, there's no problem.

If they survive and kill someone else, they are looking at jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to At Risk appliances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all - hoping to get some advice here on a plumbing issue in our house. When we are showering / filling the bath and another appliance draws...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
Hello, What would cause an intermittent gas leak around a boiler? In the evenings there is a strong smell of gas coming from the boiler. I got...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock