Discuss Attaching a Water Filter - Help with Fittings (Complete novice) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My way means you have the shortest possible length to cut out of existing 15mm pipe with least joints to make (they don't make a reducing MI to Copper but other makes will), the clip is 15 & it looks like it fits it correctly.
I would look to fit the flat washers before screwing in the brass bushes but you will need to see how it all fits together first.

Thanks a lot Chris, and thanks for that male threaded connector fitting suggestion -- actually, i had just found that fitting myself on the uk.RS-online site before i saw your post, so you confirmed to me my next line of direction. Actually, i prefer to go with the elbow version of that fitting for space reasons.. i trust that would that do the same job, no??

i would then want to join the pipe with another set of 15mm sharkbite elbows, which will allow the pipe to twist away from the wall so the filter unit is not squashed up. The unit is also designed to go slanted at an angle if needed. But basically you answered and confirmed what i needed to know, with the teflon tape link as well - many many thanks! I feel more confident now that i bounced my ideas and got good feedback.

If something fails, i plan to just pop the cutted pipe back with two sharbite couplings. If that fails too, i'll call out a plumber. But, i feel i am up to the challenge...!

Thanks very much!

Attachments

• 90degmaleelbow.png
    90degmaleelbow.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Attaching a Water Filter - Help with Fittings (Complete novice) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
First of all I have to confess I am not a plumber so please bear with me! I have a Daryl enclosed shower in an ensuite bathroom. It was already...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock