Discuss awkward internal soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbingmad

Hi,
Im due to commence work on a property installing a WC in a bathroom.

Previously this bathroom had a bath and basin but no WC. With a WC exisiting in a second bathroom the other side of the house.

This will involve creating a new branch that connects into the internal soil stack in the garage below the exisiting WC in the other room.

There are two issues with this that I can see. Assuming I can get a reasonable drop on the pipe, is there a maximum branch length? This branch may be 6-7m incl a bend.

Secondly as the soil is internal and access to the whole length of the pipe difficult, does anyone have any tips for connecting into the exisiting soil? In the past, cutting it and then moving the stack a few inches to accept a standard branch fitting has been possible. With this internal im concerned that the limited access may make that almost impossible. (pipe clipped to wall behind boxing in rooms above etc)

any thoughts?

You can use Fernco type rubber couplings to get a branch in the stack. They will slide over the pipe and can then be fastened with big jubilee type clips.
Standard Couplings
These type of things. Any decent plumbers merchant will have them.

thanks guys....
John is that a water reg or from your experience?....Your help is appreciated and saves an evening trawling through the regs,

If that is the case and this is over 6 metres its a macerator job I guess...

Yeah no macerator unless you already have a normal loo allready built in !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to awkward internal soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock