Search the forum,

Discuss back to the wall pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sasik

Hello

I fitted a back to the wall pan with a concealed cistern. The toilet and pipe work were tested and than boxed and sealed. Two weeks later the customer called me to say there is a bad smell in the bathroom. I went over to find out where the bad smells coming from. After checking all the traps in the bathroom, I found to my surprise that the bad smells are venting into the bathroom from the RIME of the new pan! I have never had this kind of problem before. Let say that the new pan connector is water tight but it is not air tight and some bad smell vent into the property. How can the bad smell find it way out from the rime? I can't understand how that can happened. 13092011846.jpg

Do you mean the rim where the water flows out when flushed? If so, did you check the cistern before boxing it in that nothing had fell into it? By the way, not being critical in any way, but access to the cistern for future maintenance is a must and the shelf should either be on hinges or be able to be unscrewed and lifted.

Run some strong bleach down it with hot water, leave it for a while and fit a loo bloc to the rim with a nice fragrance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to back to the wall pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and water levels are all fine in the cistern. If I flush the toilet and wait all looks fine. However after an hour the water levels have dropped by a couple...
Replies
Views
I need a new seat for a Bathstore Euro mono back to wall white pan e14. The seat was a euro mono sandwich seat white chr hinge Bought in 2007. I know that bathstore went bust and homebase bought the old stock. I’ve searched online and found some replacement seats for the euro, but they don’t...
Replies
Views
L
Hello so we have just recently remodeled and I cannot remember if we were experiencing this before in our bathroom upstairs but, there’s a strong gasoline/cigarette smell coming from the pipes I think. It is not there all the time, in fact it went away for 4 days and now it has returned...
Replies
Views
LeAnn Trigg
L
Hi, As per title we have a regular smell from the shower trap. Clean the trap twice a week, had a cleaning rod down the shower waste pipe and no blockage. Used several different drain cleaners over time but smell returns (not always but often enough to be annoying). Seems to coincide with...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a mystery, my bathroom has a sewage smell appears to get far worse 5pm-9pm. I have plugged my bathroom/sink with plugs and its 100% coming from the toilet. Tried Lugi worlds best plunger, that air gun blaster and 50 buckets of hot water down the toilet for 2-3 days and no joy, the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock