Discuss Bad smell from toilet waste - any advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

benunited

Wonder if anyone can help!?

I'm doing my bathroom and removed my toilet a week ago. I stuffed a towel down the waste pipe, bagged it and taped it up.

Thing is, the room has started to stink and I think it may be spreading. It seems to be coming out of the en suite and I think it may also be coming out of the airbricks outside the house.

Smells like a horrid gas. Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks - that's the plan

Just wondering if the smells in the house are likely to be from the waste pipe?

Also, went to plumbers merchant and asked if there was something I could buy (like a drain plug) and they said there wasn't.

Of course there is. You probably spoke to a numpty. (Merchants are well known places to find them.)

[DLMURL="http://www.broughtonplanthire.co.uk/drain-bungs-i256.html"]DRAIN BUNGS - DRAIN TESTING, - Broughton Plant hire[/DLMURL]

Take your pick. Buy or hire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

Any idea why the smell seems to be going round the house and through other pipes?

Are you sure that when you took out your old toilet, that you didn't disturb the soil/drainage connection? Sounds like a broken pipe if it's smelling that bad or even a partial blockage somewhere. As water is not going through it, the smell could be from something lying inside the drain.

Plug a few electric air fresheners in and get the soil pipe checked out before fitting the toilet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bad smell from toilet waste - any advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a mystery, my bathroom has a sewage smell appears to get far worse 5pm-9pm. I have plugged my bathroom/sink with plugs and its 100%...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house...
Replies
Views
My house is on a block foundation. It needs to be dug around outside and resealed. Estimate was over $30k so that is not an option. When the...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock