Discuss Bad vibrations Telford Tempest unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my ignorance but not being a plumber...what are the consequences or issues with a gatve valve on unvented system....is it a safety thing?

Sorry I am being unfair, there is no safety issue using gate valves on an unvented system, and many plumbers still use them
I have found through experiance that gate valves used on unvented systems tend to let water through the gate when you are using these valves to try isolate somthing so then you try to shut the valve even tighter and invariably you end up snapping the spindle, this means that the whole valve then needs replacing.
I prefer using full flow ball lever valves, and you will find that these are usually more expensive than gate valves

I'd disconnect the flow & return from the cylinder & join them together.
If the noise dissappears it could be a faulty cylinder /coil, so would get on to Telford for a replacement or refund.

You also need to get rid of the gate valve on the pipe that goes from the inlet multiblock to the cylinder, this could be closed by someone, and would disconnect the expansion relief valve from the cylinder.

Just thought I would update everyone having spoken to Telford. They claim this problem can occur on big systems and advised me to put a balancing valve between the flow and return. I did this and this has resolved the problem. I only opened the gate valve slightly when the vibrations started and immedately system seemed to be fine.

Glad it's working ok now.
But you must get rid of the gate valve between the inlet multiblock
& the cylinder inlet !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bad vibrations Telford Tempest unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock