Discuss Balanced compartment boilerhouse in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have a balanced compartment boiler house, fitted with 3 forced draught open flued boilers, is this acceptable?
Don't have access to ige/up/10 to double check, and the literature I do have is very light on the subject.

Thank you.

Where’s the combustion air coming from ?

And the vents allow enough air for combustion and cooling etc ?

Eg net x 10 cm2

Fine providing the vents are clear eg 600mm and the room is sealed so inspect door seals etc it’s good they’ve got a interlock on the door

Thank you for your help,
someone has cut air vents low level in the doors (2 years ago, which the installation is 24 years old)
which i believe is effecting the combustion of the boilers.
I highlighted this issue, to which I'm being dragged over the coals "as it isn't a balanced compartment" as "you cant have forced draft burners in a balanced compartment" referencing igem documents he knows I don't have access to.
But my onsite reference books and British standards don't mention it.
Many thanks 😊 🙏

Send me your email will send you up 10 over

Reply to Balanced compartment boilerhouse in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a balanced compartment boilerhouse, with 3 force draught open flue boilers, is this OK? I don't have access to ige/up/10.
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock