Discuss balancing a c.h system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jono,b

hi i need to balance a c.h system,
any tips?
how do i know which is the first rad from the boiler, and second, third and so on?

This is a basic "rule of thumb" method which does actually work very well for a 2 pipe C.H. system

1. Turn off each radiator on the lockshield valves and ensure that the wheel/thermostatic valves at the other end of the radiator are fully turned on.

2. With all the radiators cold switch on the heating and crank the first lockshield valve no more than half a turn on you will soon feel the heat start to creep across the top of the radiator.

3. With the first radiator now warm, repeat the process on the rest of the radiators.

4. Leave the heating for at least half a hour then go round feeling the top of each radiator, you will notice some are very hot whilst others will be less hot and some may even be cold.

5. The radiators that are the coolest crank the lockshield a full turn on and leave for half an hour.

6. Feel the tops of the radiators again and the ones that are the coolest will need their lockshields cranking open a bit more.

7. Keep repeating the process every half hour until all the radiators attain the same even temperature. The system is now fully balanced. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to balancing a c.h system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for some advice please. Got a building, all one level with 7 radiators. 3 individual ones in separate rooms then 4 radiators...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock