Search the forum,

Discuss Issues with thermostatic shower valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guy's,

Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was working fine for a coupe of months however now the valve has started misbehaving which is resulting in having to turn the temperature valve round further to get any heat but then once you get to the point that the water is warm turning even just a millimetre further means it can go from warm to almost scalding.

A couple of years ago we had a unvented cylinder installed and I have just checked it over and I dont think any of the cold outlets have been fed off the balanced supply as the valve that the cold mains comes into in the attached diagram does not have a balance supply coming from it and has just been capped off. I suspect that this may be the issue but im a bit confused as to how its not effected our other shower in our main bathroom or the old shower in my ensuite that i have recently replaced. Any advice welcome.

Heating.PNG

Get the shower installer back. It is more likely to be a shower cartridge and / or inlet filter rather than the lack of a balanced cold supply.

If not balanced, the cold water flow rate will be equal or greater that the hot after a short period off running

Get the shower installer back. It is more likely to be a shower cartridge and / or inlet filter rather than the lack of a balanced cold supply.

If not balanced, the cold water flow rate will be equal or greater that the hot after a short period off running

Unfortunately that would be me :) . My first thought was the shower cartridge but I read that they don't fail very often and its a brand new shower. I would swap it our to test but they cost almost as much as the whole shower did. I will take it out and give it a clean and see if that sorts it.

Reply to Issues with thermostatic shower valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I done a straight change from a thermostatic shower to a new mira atom shower,when I run the shower in an upstairs ensuite it runs hot for a few seconds then goes back luke warm,I have a combi boiler,any advice please??.
Replies
Views
I Think I want a Thermostatic shower valve. Can these be added/installed to an existing shower?
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
When I turn on the shower or bath, initially the pump runs (quite loudly) and only a trickle comes out. I have to alternate turning on the bath and shower before I get a reasonable flow. Then once it is running, if the water is at maximum temperature on the mixer it flows smoothly, but as soon...
Replies
Views
Hello, We hade a problem with our hot water not working in one of our bathroom's (all other outlets were working) Therefore we got the Thermostatic Shower Valve changed and everything was working again. However a few days later, both hot and cold no longer works for the bath and the hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock