Discuss Ball park figure for plumbing in an extension in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone give a ball park figure for plumbing in an extension to a three bed semi. The extension is 2 bedroom upstairs and 2 rooms downstairs. Also a mimute downstairs toilet with small corner washbasin downstairs. 2 rad up 3 down. A flat roof extension will be flattened so a 1 yr old boiler from the existing utility will be disconnected, the pipework secured, Then reconnected in a new garage and the 5 rad and pipework fittted. Additionaly a multi fuel stove is connected to the hot water tank and a Dunsley heat exchanger will be fitted.

Many thanks in advance.

OK - to come clean - we have a bill of £9000 for the job. If anyone else could come in with rough quotes or comments I would very much appreciate it.

If ur in N Lincs and want to give me a quote just to do a 'quote' - as I may have to go to court and neeed some prices. Im 20 mls N of the Humber

I'm in grimsby If you want to pay a couple of hours and bridge toll I can come and "Quote"

I have just quoted on an extension , bthroom change over , plus 2 downstairs toilets, move boiler plus few other bits bobs sub £2000 .

Reading through the above list and without seeing it i was thinking that it would be over 6K +vat supply and fit. Every firm charges different prices for the same type work and it is up to you to choose what you want for your money and who you want doing it. Did you get a quote or estimate before the work started?. If you didn't they can charge time and line which can mount up quite quickly. Any alterations, hold ups etc on the scheduled works is also usually chargeable so your final bill can depend on many things.
Eco's figure is on the cheap side even for labour only.

Why didnt you get a "quote" before the work started?

I agree with tamz no way would it be around the 2-2.5k someone else on here stated. It would be ALOT more.

The extension was finished in October and the plumber has been coming back ever since to try and work out why it wasn't working as he had never fitted a Dunsley before, though we agreed then that he was 'correcting ' his work rather than still working for me. He even had his dad in for a whole day and that didn't help much either. The remaining problem is that the central heating pump doesn't kick in when the system is on multi-fuel stove only. The plumber came as part of the team with a highly recommended builder - and the builder has been fantastic- but we've had to pay the plumber seperately. I've paid half the money. My wife thinks we had a quote from the plumber for £9000 for our plans for a twice the size extension which was turned down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ball park figure for plumbing in an extension in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back