Search the forum,

Discuss Ballcock float height in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldtimer

Hi, I would be grateful for your advice. I've got to replace an old ballcock on the cwsc. I will be fitting a Pegler part 2 valve and a new float. I just wondered how high or low to set the float because there is only a 2 metre head above the bathroom taps. Thanks in advance.

I take it that it is a 1/2" float valve (not allowed to call em Ballcocks any more), then water level should be 25mm (1") below the overflow /warning pipe. There should also be a minimum of 20mm between the water outlet of the new float valve & the center (some say the top) of the overflow outlet connection.

Hi, thanks for your info. Sorry about my terminology. I'm still in the past!!

nothing wrong with using the old terminology mate. Welcome to the forums. :)

Thanks for the welcome. Still using feet and inches, gallons, ounces and pints!!

LOL, i use inches and meters so im a half convert i guess. as for pints ......... now your talking!! :17:

I take it that it is a 1/2" float valve (not allowed to call em Ballcocks any more), then water level should be 25mm (1") below the overflow /warning pipe. There should also be a minimum of 20mm between the water outlet of the new float valve & the center (some say the top) of the overflow outlet connection.

You know your regs Chris (er...as I do) are you a college lecturer?

Imagine asking for half a litre of bitter? Landlady is my age, she's still in pounds shillings and pence (if you guys remember them) :smile5:

It is still a ballcock to me (or stopcock, petcock and sludgecock etc) and always will be. I wish they would stop playing with words in case it offends someone.

I wonder if you can still get black jap screws or have they changed the name to something like bitumen impregnated lacquer? (the impregnated would no doubt offend someone :lol:)

It is still a ballcock to me (or stopcock, petcock and sludgecock etc) and always will be. I wish they would stop playing with words in case it offends someone.

I wonder if you can still get black jap screws or have they changed the name to something like bitumen impregnated lacquer? (the impregnated would no doubt offend someone :lol:)
It's all cocks with you Tamz isn't it.

some people have to justify there wage so constantly change names, regs etc...... a cocks a cock..... leave it be.

they do the same with the electrical regs, live, line, phase...... leave it alone and stop getting foke confused cus you have to justify your job in the "make constant changes to the regs and standards office"

I still call them that too but usually in a context like - where the **** is my ba57ard file:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ballcock float height in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, apologies in advance for my ignorance. I have an old style toilet with what I've researched is a ballcock. The toilet was screaming every time we flushed so I googled and found it was the diaphragm valve that needed replaced. I bought a pack of diaphragm seals and attempted to change...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the...
Replies
Views
Hi I'd be very grateful for any advice. My Ariston microGenus boiler is at least 20 years old. Every few years I've had to repressurize it. I've lost the note I had about how to do that. The boiler has two blue taps underneath. The rhs one turns clockwise. The lhs one is so stiff I can't move...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector, but it hasn't done anything to fix the leak (and has cost us over £200). The plumber has told us that it can't be fixed due to the height of the old...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock