Discuss Banging pipes when washing machine is on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yer_man

Hello,

I have a Beko washing machine that has been working perfectly for 2.5 years. Last night while the washing machine was on there was a lot of banging from the pipes in the upstairs attic. The noise seems to be happening when the machine is spinning at a fast rate but I've no idea if there is a direct correlation between the two.

I've been listening for the banging of pipes while the toilet cistern is filling and while the showers on and the taps running but I can't recreate the banging of the pipes with anything else in the house.

I've put a wash on again tonight to see if the problem will come back and it hasn't yet (not even half way into the wash yet though). From looking through the door of the machine I can see that there is definitely water getting in but the machine doesn't sound like it's normal self. Its hard to describe what is abnormal but there is a louder noise when the drum is rotating - almost like a grinding noise.

Any help would be much appreciated!

If happening on full spin,could have moved and requires leveling again or bearings have gone on drum,Beko,:(,looks like new washing machine,maybe a bit of over loading been going on
imho

I'd say overloading could have been a problem alright. Sounds like I'm heading out to buy a new machine tonight then. Though just to confirm (sorry for going into this in very basic terms as my plumbing knowledge is basic)-

If I've had the taps and shower running and have flushed the toilet at the same time and there's no banging of pipes yet there is banging when the washing machine is spinning fast that points to a washing machine issue (the alternative being that there's something wrong with the pipes that could be causing the washing machine to play up). My aim here is to make sure the washing machine is the problem.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Banging pipes when washing machine is on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor...
Replies
Views
About 9 months now, started suffering intermittent but frequent hydraulic shock thwacks, sometimes very violent, below Harvey's water softener in...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock