Discuss Basic duo tec 24he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do all the basics - which you seem to have done, Inlet pressure, gas rate -air gas ratio?

We are expected to do more & more tests on new boilers now, think the next step is they will come in kit form, and we will have to assemble them on site,

just an update guys.baxi came out to check boiler. said the ignition is fine and within tolerance for a vertical flue. he said because of vertical run length you would expect to get slight explosive ignition. i wasnt to impressed but what can you do if they say its fine:32:

Ask them why flue length changes physics and means that it's acceptable to have explosive ignition that will ruin boiler insulation pads. ?

Most baxi boilers I have fitted have had slow/poor ignition and give a smell of gas outside when firing up. Seems the way they am.

Ask them why flue length changes physics and means that it's acceptable to have explosive ignition that will ruin boiler insulation pads. ?

i did ask engineer he just said the longer the flue length the more likely explosive ignition. to be honest he didnt seem interested i did phone baxi and complain today they are calling me back tomorrow.

It doesn't change physics, it is physics. The fan ignition speed on a duotec is set in stone, and cannot be increased. A long vertical flue has a greater resistance, both in supplying the air for combustion and expelling resultant flue gases. This will have an effect on the ignition.

Its why a lot of boilers allow you to adjust this parameter now. Increasing fan ignition speed compensates for the increased resistance of a long flue, and will prevent the ignition leaning on the heavy side.

Sometimes Remehas sound like a shotgun when fitted to a vertical flue and not adjusted,they can sound intimidating, but winding up the fan ign speed sorts it.

It doesn't make it right, or ok, but it's the explanation none the less!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basic duo tec 24he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a...
Replies
Views
H
Hi! If anyone is able to give any advice it's hugely appreciated! I'm in the UK if that makes a difference. I have a condensing combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock