Search the forum,

Discuss Basic duo tec 24he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

giarc00007

Gas Engineer
Just installed above boiler with vertical flue. Getting explosive ignition when first ignites (not excessive but noticeable) but all checks spot on 19 mbar working pressure. Analyser readings fine. I know these are prone to probes. But this is new install.

Isn't there an issue with an injector on these? Or am I thinking of another boiler.

Either way make sure what you've done is bob on, gas rates, flue etc, then call Baxi out.

I think you are thinking of the Ideal Logic with regards to the injector issue

Isn't there an issue with an injector on these? Or am I thinking of another boiler.

Either way make sure what you've done is bob on, gas rates, flue etc, then call Baxi out.

gas rate spot on checked 3 times. flue all spot on. 2 x 45's, 2 x extension and 1 terminal supported at 3 points. Will check electrodes tomorrow but surely will be fine. Cant think what else could be. Is it more common with verticals for this type of thing?

If you getting explosive ignition it's gotta be opening too early, thus building up gas. If it was late, prob just get ign lockout.

Do as Ermi has said and say no heat and hot water, say you have had to turn it off or whatever to make them come before Xmas!!

If you getting explosive ignition it's gotta be opening too early, thus building up gas. If it was late, prob just get ign lockout.

Do as Ermi has said and say no heat and hot water, say you have had to turn it off or whatever to make them come before Xmas!!

thanks aquazone will do.

Might just be sloppy, Venturi in mess. If your all 100% then boiler should be so don't let heat monkeys fob u off or leave without fixing it . You want it fixed or replaced.

Might just be sloppy, Venturi in mess. If your all 100% then boiler should be so don't let heat monkeys fob u off or leave without fixing it . You want it fixed or replaced.

will phone tomorrow just looks bad when ive recommended boiler to customer and already getting baxi out. but checked
everything and installation fine.

Just explain its working fine just its a bit noisy and you want it sorted as u don't want them to find it annoyance.

my last duo i installed made a horrendous noise the first time i fired it up, but then seemed to be fine. Customer rang me back 2 days later saying she could smell gas by the boiler so i flew out there and no signs of gas but the boiler stank really bad. Real sort of eggy smell.

Called heateam out and they couldnt find anything wrong with it and left .. luckilly the smell went away and i put it down to "newness" .. kind of put me off baxi a little

I commissioned one the other day, some smoke was coming off it. They tend to spray and light dusting of oil on metal products, so they don't corrode whilst in storage. I remember fitting a balanced flue gas fire a few years ago, it set all the smoke alarms off in the house! Nothing on the fga though. In the instructions manual, it actually warned that smoke alarms would probably go off on first use.

What are your readings (ratio,CO and CO2) on min, and max?

Have you put your fga into the air inlet test point?

Could be a million and 1 reasons for it kicking the case on ignition. Excessive standing pressure (meter reg not locking up),electrodes,ignition gen,condition of burner and insulation panel,gas valve,air signal tube onto gas valve,flue,flue seals

When I was with heateam this was quite a common call out, it's usually incorrectly set gas valve, ensure min is 8.4% +- 0.2% and max 8.7% +- 0.2%. Will usually require adjustment for a vert or complex flue due to the additional resistance effecting the pressures

What are your readings (ratio,CO and CO2) on min, and max?

Have you put your fga into the air inlet test point?

Could be a million and 1 reasons for it kicking the case on ignition. Excessive standing pressure (meter reg not locking up),electrodes,ignition gen,condition of burner and insulation panel,gas valve,air signal tube onto gas valve,flue,flue seals

When I was with heateam this was quite a common call out, it's usually incorrectly set gas valve, ensure min is 8.4% +- 0.2% and max 8.7% +- 0.2%. Will usually require adjustment for a vert or complex flue due to the additional resistance effecting the pressures

thanks for input dmheat. ratio as far as can remember was 0.0009. standing pressure 24mbar working 19 mbar. checked air intake 20.6.

Keep us posted on findings mate ,
I had a failed tightness test on a new build on the site were at , turned out the gas valve was passing , it just seems that were having too too many issues on brand new boilers , and it looks bad on us to the customer especially if we advised them on the brand in the first place,,

Keep us posted on findings mate ,
I had a failed tightness test on a new build on the site were at , turned out the gas valve was passing , it just seems that were having too too many issues on brand new boilers , and it looks bad on us to the customer especially if we advised them on the brand in the first place,,

too right mate. it does look bad on installer. it was a bloody isar i took out telling customer one of worst boilers. put duo tec in needs looking at within 24hrs:banghead:

Latest TB re:boiler commissioning states air intake 20.6% O2 or greater with max 0.2% CO2 if I remember correctly :)

I've only commissioned 1 boilers this year at 20.9, no excuse for me, thanks

Course not mate, I've been on the beers aswell! Me commissioning only 1 boiler is no excuse for not remembering the correct figures, I'd rather make myself look a t!t here than in front of joe public

I would do all the basics - which you seem to have done, Inlet pressure, gas rate -air gas ratio?

We are expected to do more & more tests on new boilers now, think the next step is they will come in kit form, and we will have to assemble them on site,

just an update guys.baxi came out to check boiler. said the ignition is fine and within tolerance for a vertical flue. he said because of vertical run length you would expect to get slight explosive ignition. i wasnt to impressed but what can you do if they say its fine:32:

Ask them why flue length changes physics and means that it's acceptable to have explosive ignition that will ruin boiler insulation pads. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basic duo tec 24he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock