Discuss Basic tools and which are best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your main tools like already suggested, bahco shifters , grips , pliers hammer , basin wrench , pipe cutters , junior hacksaw , flat head n pozi screwdriver ,ruler, pencil , stanley knife ,,, thats just the basic ones youd use as starting off, and as you progress so will your tools, just remember when it comes to tools the cheap ones break lol

I would NOT take your own tools to college, everyone will want to lend them and they will go missing

A pack of matches,small pot of fairy liquid and screwdriver,chisel,crowbar,hole making, scrapper,scouring devise maybe........

I have a use it every day open tote bag with the following.

8 inch Bahco wide jaw, 6 inch Bahco wide jaw, 2 x 12 inch you will come off adjustable Spanners.
Wera assorted screwdrivers, pozi 2,3 plus small slotted and large slotted.
hammer and adjustable basin wrench. Small Bahco hacksaw/padsaw.
drill bits kit x 4. Bahco small wrench/bit set. Stanley knife. Snap rings with radiator keys, small adjustable wrench and mult function four way key. Cranked screwdrivers and tape measure.

Then I have another eight bags of stuff overflowing with kit I use on a less frequent basis and don't get me started on what's in the garage.....

Footprints 7" and 10" for most of the brass nuts where slight grip marks won't matter on day to day plumbing. You can get the type with different bolt positions (thumbscrew bolt needs removed each time to adjust them) or a thumbwheel version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basic tools and which are best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Good evening PlumbersForum I know this is probably the most commonly asked question but instead of looking through similar threads, maybe it...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We may need to replace our boiler - the OLDER version Worcester Bosch 35Cdi (see images attached) Our home is a 1920's Semi 5 Bedrooms...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
Hi all So I am part way through my Level 2 at College and have been offered a job as an Apprentice working on Site. I need to bring with me my...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock