Discuss Basic tools and which are best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use

15/22/28 pipeslice (not rothenberger as I got through 1 of each size in about 6 weeks)
Mini pipe cutter
Bahco wide jawed adjustable spanner (2 is ideal)
Bahco grips (10" as the grips are quite small so easier to get into tight spaces)
Crescent 12" grips
Wera screwdriver set
Voltage tester
Monument tap wrench (without a spring, you will hate it when you first get it after 7-8 years you will spend hours trying to find out what make they are so you can replace them.

Then cheap
Long nose pliers
Wire cutters
Stanley knife
Junior hacksaw
Wood chisel (a couple of sizes, I only buy cheap due to the amount of nails I hit)
Hammer
Cold chisel

If you do a lot of taps you need mono bloc spanners.

my tip would be to always have a pencil, tape measure and a Stanley knife on you, if you get some work experience on you it will show willing if you have these on you nothing worse than an apprentice asks you to borrow these all time!! I don't really like it when a beginner turns up with a new tool box with all new tools in first day. use somebody elses wrench etc first and see how you like it

I be lucky if my apprentice bring a vent key ,, winds me up when I give them mime , then they lose that one ,

On the subject of start up tools, which is the best budget hose pipe to get for drain downs? I know some of you are sweet on the Regin but at ÂŁ50 it's a bit pricey when you are filling a tool box as well.

Get one from B&Q or similar, chances are it will get cut up driven over pin holed so don't spend too much.

I use wilco garden hose pipes at the min got a 50m cut down 2 10m and a 30m had them about a year now and they are fine for me

Box spanners, every size you can get, best tool in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basic tools and which are best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Good evening PlumbersForum I know this is probably the most commonly asked question but instead of looking through similar threads, maybe it...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We may need to replace our boiler - the OLDER version Worcester Bosch 35Cdi (see images attached) Our home is a 1920's Semi 5 Bedrooms...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
Hi all So I am part way through my Level 2 at College and have been offered a job as an Apprentice working on Site. I need to bring with me my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock