Discuss Bath panel repair? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

realstokebloke

Ooops.

When 'popping off' the (very well fitting) bath side, it flexed a little too much and I managed to get a tiny tear (5/6cm).

It will be out of sight when done and it's really not worth a new panel, so...

Has anyone ever patched up such a tear successfully?

& if so, what with plse? (Type of glue etc)?

Thanks.

Araldite would be your best bet but 5/6cm isn't really a "tiny" tear.... As soon as you flex it back into position it will crack once again...

Araldite would be your best bet but 5/6cm isn't really a "tiny" tear.... As soon as you flex it back into position it will crack once again...

cheers Jon.

Thought as much but wondered if any of the newer 'wonder glues' you pros might use could handle it?

damn thing is cream as well, so not that readily available / if at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would a bead of silicone cover it ??

Very possibly, as it isn't that big & even less is visible (to answer Jon) but I was wondering if anything would 'bond' it from the back side as it were?

drill a hole in the end of the crack/tear and it will prevent further splitting

Lol at the thought of trying to repair it?

Or at the answers?

Cheap plastic bath panels always tear, its a nightmare. How noticeable is it? You repairing it might make it more noticeable to others? Know it might sound stupid but what about same colour paint? I wouldnt use silicone as it flexes

Push the tear together and run a soldering iron down the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath panel repair? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My step-daughter bought a 50's end-terraced house at the start of the year, and found there was a leak from Mira bar shower that was coming...
Replies
Views
Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation...
Replies
Views
Hi there! our Heritage bath taps (see attached image) have a leak from the shower lever when diverted to the shower head. Unfortunately this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new here so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm having a hell of a time with my bath drain cover. I just wanted to take it off to...
Replies
Views
Hello, BEFORE I cleaned the system last year with a mains flush. There was a little inky stuff and a bit of sludge at the very end when I emptied...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock