Discuss Bathroom: Our installer used standard plasterboard - is that ok? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

There’s a lot of force on the tiles and plasterboard your behind needs to be solid

I agree the gaps at ends of bath need to be lost. You want the tile sitting on bath lip and ideally the tanking to come down on to bath or you’re relying on the silicone to prevent water getting under the bath (it will happen when the silicone fails and you don’t notice straight away.

Also plan/frame/board(ply) for an access panel to get under the bath to access the waste etc. Secure the panel with silicone, not grout.

And ply behind toilet.

I would likely centre the cubby. You can then reach it from the bath laying position and potentially while showering.

Where it is now, is bad idea. Difficult to reach when laying and too low and close to wall.

We did bathroom and kitchen renovation last year and fitters which we used- they put green plasterboards+applied water sealant, only then tiled. Green plasterboards a bit more expensive, but is worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_6298.jpeg
    IMG_6298.jpeg
    437.8 KB · Views: 17

Reply to Bathroom: Our installer used standard plasterboard - is that ok? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock