Search the forum,

Discuss bathroom sequence in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lightfoot

Hi there. Could you guys give me the sequence of works on a like for like bathroom replacement with bath ped basin and toilet. When does the tiler come in or do you use wood at tile thickness underneath the ceramic etc. do the floors and walls need to be assessed for level,rot etc. I think im starting to realise tiling would be a handy skill to have along with plumbing then you could do the whole lot. many thanks.

should be plumb first fix, then maybe chippy comes in to box in pipework if required, then plasterers to come and skim wall again if req. then floor layers, if you are having a new floor rg for a wet room, then tilers, then you should plumb 2nd fix, eg fit shower, plumb in bath ect ect, then your painter and decorator does the bits with no tiles!

this is how it happens on the site i work on anyway!

if domestic, rip out old one bang in new toilet using long flexi water inlet and long flexi pan connector, so cust can use it and tiler can tile behind it. then site bath at correct height for panel, level it off and screw it down. then tiler can tile down to bath. when all tiling done throw in the basin and fix bog correctly.

if floor is being tiled too ........well good luck with the bath height and panel.

KJ

Doing one now , we always tile floor first (dont grout until end) then set height of bath to panel. If you do it all it makes it so much easier

It is much easer to do the floor first. I keep a bit of vinyl flooring offcut to cover mine over and keep it clean. Nothing worse than getting the height wrong for a bath panel

Covering bathroom floors ......... wallpaper lining paper cheap as chips and looks very proffesional

I try and paint first (especially ceiling) when room is empty as then you don't have to cover everything to protect against splashes. Otherwise timetable/order much as above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bathroom sequence in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock