Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom towel rails? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning a bathroom remodel and wanted to replace my existing bathroom rad (will be too small and cast iron) with a towel rail and worked out I need something in the region of 1200w, am I being dense the largest towel rail I can find is only half that power rating? For the space I have (approx 600mm wide & behind door) standard rads aren't really tall enough, can you recommend any other options? Thanks in advance.

Towel rails have low outputs because thats what it is!!! A towel rail

Look for the tall expensive designer rads :)

i agree, to get the output equivalent of a normal radiator you would need to get a ginormous towel rad. one way to maximise heat would be to not fit a trv to it.

if you want a towel radiator i would get underfloor electric heating if your tiling the floor

Have a look at somewhere like Best Bathrooms.There are some tall thin designer rads. which offer the required output.You would need to be aware of possible issues when the door opens as often these can protrude further from the wall.Prices Ā£120 upwards.The other obvious issue,they are not suitable for towels!! I have a small rad. in small space at end of bath + towel rad.,always pleasantly warm.

One thing worth looking at is having a white rail instead of a Chrome one. Chrome plating a rail reduces its heat output quite sharply.

One thing worth looking at is having a white rail instead of a Chrome one. Chrome plating a rail reduces its heat output quite sharply.

Ooooh check out the cunning merchant who has 200 white 600x1200 white towel rails from 96'. Good point tho.

As cunning as a fox with a degree from the university of cunning? Black adder a classic

Thanks for the ideas guys...found a tall column rad I quite like and going to couple it with a small towel rail, that should match my btu requirement.

51492_image2.jpg

Towel rails don't give off much heat when covered in towels!

good decision.

White are nicer too. We have a chrome one but I wouldn't get one again - speaking as NOT-a-Domestic-Goddess - chrome takes a lot of looking after on a daily basis to keep it looking shiny.
I would also go for the electric UFH as suggested above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom towel rails? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock