Discuss BATHSTORE toilet - does it need close coupling kit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

busy bee

I bought a bathroom suite from BathStore 8 years ago with no problems till now.

Investigating a bad leak from the cistern of the WC, I found it was from the doughnut area. What puzzled me was that there was no bracket holding the doughnut, it was just squeezed in between the cistern and the pan. Is this normal? And if so, do I need to replace it the same way (with just the doughnut washer) or can I use a close coupling kit and bracket instead?
If not, and if anyone is familiar with Bathstore WC's, can they tell me what sort of washer/doughnut I need (size etc)? The one I removed is distorted (doesn't look as if it was fitted properly) and seems to be made of squashy rubber.

The plumber who fitted the bathroom back then, is no longer in the area, so I can't ask him.

Thanks to anyone who can advise.

Cheers guys

just replace it the same way its been fitted before, dont over tighten.

The doughnut just sits between the 2, was there bolts holding the cistern onto the pan , as this is what holds the washer in place, youve came thus far all you need to do is put a new washer in but bare in mind there are loads of different shapes and sizes nowadays so aslong as you use the right one youl be ticky tae boo, is the old one rubber or foam, i find the foam ones seal best for some reason, ive got a huge range in my van ,,,,, measure the outer diameter of the washer and measure the inner diameter of the washer then google it online or use
Siamp Float Valve,Toilet Spares,spare parts cistern,Toilet spare parts,Toilet parts,Siamp diaphragm,pacific flush valve

just replace it the same way its been fitted before, dont over tighten.

I replied a few hours ago but it has not appeared - maybe I did it wrongly?
Anyway, I wanted to say thanks, and that I was still after the size of doughnut washer needed. I now know that my cistern does not connect with a CC kit, but the washer sits between it and the pan.

Here's my update. This morning I phoned Bathstore and asked their advice. Even though it is eight years since I bought the bathroom suite from them, they quickly checked from the details of what WC I'd bought, and found what I needed and said they would put it in the post for me - no charge!!! How's that for service! Totally unexpected these days.
I will definitely purchase from them again when I upgrade my second bathroom. So WELL DONE Bathstore - and thank you (if you see this). :smiley2:

Thanks Kris. Saw your reply to my post just after I'd posted a second response to the first reply I got (first response I wrote hadn't appeared!).
Anyway, you will see from my second post that I have now sorted it out by contacting Bathstore where I originally bought the bathroom suite.
However, had I not done that, your advice would have been very helpful, there were two bolts connecting the cistern to the pan, and yes, it seems the washer I had probably was made of foam rubber as it is very squashy.
Thank you very much for going to the trouble :smiley2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BATHSTORE toilet - does it need close coupling kit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back