Currently reading:
Baxi 105 overheating

Discuss Baxi 105 overheating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Koogatubac

Hi guys, been to customers and the hot water has been getting scalding hot and then once the boiler reaches its temperature the boiler kicks out. And you have to wait for the boiler to cool down before you get any response from it (roughly 5-10mins)

The high limit stat must be working fine as its kicking the boiler out, so surely its the DHW temperature stat?

I turned the thermostat down on the boiler and had 47* at the kitchen tap, however the boiler lit up at 60*

Its getting heat out the boiler too, plenty of 22mm and is a 3 bedroom semi detached house.

What you guys think?

Update: customer just told me shes had constant hot water since i installed the DHW Sensor, shes had constant hot water for 5 days now.

After this i said im not going to touch fixing boilers again because i felt like a failure however this has boosted some morale and confidence on boiler repairs.

However not touching fixing boilers until ive gone on some manufacturer fault finding courses in september

Thanks for all your help guys on this and hope this topic helps any others, since it was a pain in the ***!

altogether i spent 3hours, inc parts i charged her £50

Cheap i know...

Got the brain cells working didnt it. You done well, just need to gain more confidence. The courses will help you with that.

Thabks hydro :) got a worcester 1 in 2 weeks, baxi and ideal in september :)

You will do much better next time ;) Funny, I went to check boiler, old Worcester highflow 400, didn't work, she didn't want fix, wanted new boiler, after I sent her quote, she called company she has contract with and they fixed it :D:D

You will do much better next time ;) Funny, I went to check boiler, old Worcester highflow 400, didn't work, she didn't want fix, wanted new boiler, after I sent her quote, she called company she has contract with and they fixed it :D:D I just replaced 13a fuse at spur. I don't know why, but I keep finding 13a fuses all the time :/

Thanks galaxy, was the first time attempting to fix a boiler and thought i failed. But shes over the moon.

Just goes to show, boilers have a mind of their own! When i left the job, it started working properly within 6hours.

Need further training about that like!

It all comes together ... trust me:) You'll never get it right every time! The batting average goes up with experience that's all koogatubac :) Congrats on sorting it :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 105 overheating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back