Discuss Baxi 105 overheating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Koogatubac

Hi guys, been to customers and the hot water has been getting scalding hot and then once the boiler reaches its temperature the boiler kicks out. And you have to wait for the boiler to cool down before you get any response from it (roughly 5-10mins)

The high limit stat must be working fine as its kicking the boiler out, so surely its the DHW temperature stat?

I turned the thermostat down on the boiler and had 47* at the kitchen tap, however the boiler lit up at 60*

Its getting heat out the boiler too, plenty of 22mm and is a 3 bedroom semi detached house.

What you guys think?

Does sound like it koogatubac! have you tested the stat's resistance?

Any flashy lights?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell you the truth, im rubbish on the multimeter parts, which your all probly thinking i dont know what im doing and its impossible to know without testing. However ive got a course booked in to go unfortunately its in september.
I dont want to fob this customer off though and dont want to 'tell her anything'
This is where i need help in the fault finding as i know its the most important part!
Theres 2 DHW Sensors which dont cost that much, so if the customer wants a hit at it it wont be that expensive

However as a professional i like to get things right the first time! Still young guys so go easy :)

check manual and use multimeter to test resistance, not mega difficult, also check it at right temperature eg.25 deg

Manual tells me how to remove sensor which is helpful, just learning my ways how to use the multimeter. I know i got to have it on the right setting (voltage >200) but never gone as far as that lol
I know... Im totally rubbish at this part lol

Glad you all think its the same part as me too though :) will be a massive confidence boost if i fix it first time like! (never touched fixing boilers, just total installation!)

set it to ohms(resistance) if its auto setting then its ok, but if not, set it to maybe 10-20k limit, not sure what your multimeter is like..reading is usually 10-11k, but might be different, you need to look in your manual.

I'm always making mistakes! How else will I continue to learn :) Don't like the word mistakes actually, more errors of judgement! It's usually when I'm on something unfamiliar or there's no mi's at hand and the educated guess work comes out :)

Thats what others have told, said i should of blagged it and said the boilers nakered lol i have noticed a few crustings inside her boiler mind!

Spoke to her and going ahead fitting the new sensors tomorrow, will let you all know if it works.
Told her that theres a chance it might not solve the problem and will have to go down next route, either way getting paid for fitting the new sensors!!

Thanks guys! Will let you all know, need to learn how to check resistance ASAP! Was hoping to only get small jobs when im starting up however getting broken boilers and big jobs! Lol o well....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 105 overheating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock