Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Baxi 600 without opentherm in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've got a Baxi 600 combi, with a Google Nest thermostat, fitted a year ago. I've just learnt about OpenTherm, so went into my Nest settings, and found that it is disabled (only on/off mode is selectable, OpenTherm gives an error message). I spoke to the installer who says that he never enables OpenTherm, it's more hassle than it's worth, and apparently I'm the first one to ask about it. Is it worth enabling? Does it really cause problems? How big a job would it be, presumably switching some wires?

Reply to Baxi 600 without opentherm in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have just bought a google nest 3rd gen thermostat to be connected opentherm. I currently have the baxi ifos rather comp fitted. I was...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I had a new Viessmann Vitodens 100-w boiler (the new version) installed last year. The guy who was installing and commissioning it had...
Replies
Views
Hello Does anyone know if its possible to connect an Opentherm thermostat such as a Nest to a Baxi 800 System boiler. I know its possible with a...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got an Ideal Logic+ System Boiler (installed by my plumber as a Y-plan currently in the simple on/off mode) with Google Nest 3rd Gen. Is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock