Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Bermuda to Combi change. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you doing the job without them knowing what it will cost or what they are getting?
Most people want to know the ins and outs of a cats arse

If its a budget job give them the 24 and 28/30 as an option, cant blame you then if the hot water isnt as good as they hoped

Are you doing the job without them knowing what it will cost or what they are getting?

If its a budget job give them the 24 and 28/30 as an option, cant blame you then if the hot water isnt as good as they hoped

havent you give them a price esp as your doing it this sat and your buying materials

Thanks for all the replies, ordering materials tomorrow.

Not a massive job I know and for most here it would be a doddle but it's the biggest job I have quoted and booked in myself. Looking forward to it, don't expect it to be plain sailing as it's an old system I'm connecting on to. Will get pics before and after.

havent you give them a price esp as your doing it this sat and your buying materials

I'm calling him in 30 mins, I gave him a rough price verbally Sunday, he said fine. Will collect deposit Friday.

What would you charge from the info I have given just so I can see if I'm on the right lines.

I'm calling him in 30 mins, I gave him a rough price verbally Sunday, he said fine. Will collect deposit Friday.

What would you charge from the info I have given just so I can see if I'm on the right lines.

were normally top but conversion

min 1200 i would put 1600 labour
600 - 800 materials
1200 -1400 boiler flue clock mag etc
new rads 600 - 1200

its a poke in the dark without pricing it up myself

When we spoke on the weekend he said he will leave it to me, already given me the key to go in and start Saturday. He's an old guy, very laid back. Done a few jobs for him, concealed shower and a few other small jobs. Always been fair with the price and he knows it.

Last thing he said was oh well it needs dong so I'll let you decide what's best. I'm speaking to him shortly just to confirm everything.

2 days might be a bit of a push to get it fully done. I allow 3 for a back boiler to combi conversion, normally lose a full day on the system flush and commissioning.

were normally top but conversion

min 1200 i would put 1600 labour
600 - 800 materials
1200 -1400 boiler flue clock mag etc
new rads 600 - 1200

its a poke in the dark without pricing it up myself

Im not doing rads, even though I've advised new system he has said just do the boiler for now and deal with any issues after.

Im not doing rads, even though I've advised new system he has said just do the boiler for now and deal with any issues after.

fair enough still the same as will need a good flush

2 days might be a bit of a push to get it fully done. I allow 3 for a back boiler to combi conversion, normally lose a full day on the system flush and commissioning.

I agree 2 days will be a slog. Truthfully I'm expecting to be back Monday.

I agree 2 days will be a slog. Truthfully I'm expecting to be back Monday.

3-4 days min

They are a slog BBU to combi converisons,
But I do find them very satisfying to do as they can be a challenge sometimes and you dont know what little issues previous installer has thrown in.

The only thing I'm wary of is the current set up is the back boiler does heating only. How comes off a cylinder with immersion.

Is this common?

The only thing I'm wary of is the current set up is the back boiler does heating only. How comes off a cylinder with immersion.

Is this common?

Is this common?

will be a common cylinder i think heating and hot water use the same water

Is this common?

will be a common cylinder i think heating and hot water use the same water

Are you 100% ?
Is the cylinder, square shaped?

Yes.

It's this

image.jpg

But the coil is not connected. Boiler only does ch.

Job completed, went well.

Saturday, removed wall unit, hung stand off kit and cored hole. Ran pipes in to loft. Decided to run all of them up as the cylinder was in the loft and the cupboard with the meter was accessible going through the ceiling so made sense. Lost time coreing the hole, think it's time for a better drill mine is on the way out and made it really hard work.

Ran hot and colds to where they needed to be and left them ready to connect Sunday so I could leave the tenant with hot water. 11 hours.

Sunday removed pump and flow and returns in living room, replaced and reconnected with new pipe. Vents fitted in loft. F and R run across loft. Gas pipe renewed and TT. Cylinder drained, H and C connected in loft. Electrics run in mini trunking around kitchen. (Most of the sockets in the flat are surface). Flue out. Timer on. Up and running 9.30 pm. 13 hours.

Back yesterday, flushed, commissioned, removed back boiler, tidied up. Paid. 6 hours.

image.jpg

Cold feed was blocked where I suspected.

image.jpg

Hardest flue hole I've cored yet

Job completed, went well.

Saturday, removed wall unit, hung stand off kit and cored hole. Ran pipes in to loft. Decided to run all of them up as the cylinder was in the loft and the cupboard with the meter was accessible going through the ceiling so made sense. Lost time coreing the hole, think it's time for a better drill mine is on the way out and made it really hard work.

Ran hot and colds to where they needed to be and left them ready to connect Sunday so I could leave the tenant with hot water. 11 hours.

Sunday removed pump and flow and returns in living room, replaced and reconnected with new pipe. Vents fitted in loft. F and R run across loft. Gas pipe renewed and TT. Cylinder drained, H and C connected in loft. Electrics run in mini trunking around kitchen. (Most of the sockets in the flat are surface). Flue out. Timer on. Up and running 9.30 pm. 13 hours.

Back yesterday, flushed, commissioned, removed back boiler, tidied up. Paid. 6 hours.

View attachment 28931

Cold feed was blocked where I suspected.

View attachment 28932

Hardest flue hole I've cored yet

Looks like you might have gone through the lintel

Also any more pics ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Bermuda to Combi change. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock