Discuss Baxi Bermuda to Combi change. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I'm wary of is the current set up is the back boiler does heating only. How comes off a cylinder with immersion.

Is this common?

The only thing I'm wary of is the current set up is the back boiler does heating only. How comes off a cylinder with immersion.

Is this common?

Is this common?

will be a common cylinder i think heating and hot water use the same water

Is this common?

will be a common cylinder i think heating and hot water use the same water

Are you 100% ?
Is the cylinder, square shaped?

Yes.

It's this

image.jpg

But the coil is not connected. Boiler only does ch.

Job completed, went well.

Saturday, removed wall unit, hung stand off kit and cored hole. Ran pipes in to loft. Decided to run all of them up as the cylinder was in the loft and the cupboard with the meter was accessible going through the ceiling so made sense. Lost time coreing the hole, think it's time for a better drill mine is on the way out and made it really hard work.

Ran hot and colds to where they needed to be and left them ready to connect Sunday so I could leave the tenant with hot water. 11 hours.

Sunday removed pump and flow and returns in living room, replaced and reconnected with new pipe. Vents fitted in loft. F and R run across loft. Gas pipe renewed and TT. Cylinder drained, H and C connected in loft. Electrics run in mini trunking around kitchen. (Most of the sockets in the flat are surface). Flue out. Timer on. Up and running 9.30 pm. 13 hours.

Back yesterday, flushed, commissioned, removed back boiler, tidied up. Paid. 6 hours.

image.jpg

Cold feed was blocked where I suspected.

image.jpg

Hardest flue hole I've cored yet

Job completed, went well.

Saturday, removed wall unit, hung stand off kit and cored hole. Ran pipes in to loft. Decided to run all of them up as the cylinder was in the loft and the cupboard with the meter was accessible going through the ceiling so made sense. Lost time coreing the hole, think it's time for a better drill mine is on the way out and made it really hard work.

Ran hot and colds to where they needed to be and left them ready to connect Sunday so I could leave the tenant with hot water. 11 hours.

Sunday removed pump and flow and returns in living room, replaced and reconnected with new pipe. Vents fitted in loft. F and R run across loft. Gas pipe renewed and TT. Cylinder drained, H and C connected in loft. Electrics run in mini trunking around kitchen. (Most of the sockets in the flat are surface). Flue out. Timer on. Up and running 9.30 pm. 13 hours.

Back yesterday, flushed, commissioned, removed back boiler, tidied up. Paid. 6 hours.

View attachment 28931

Cold feed was blocked where I suspected.

View attachment 28932

Hardest flue hole I've cored yet

Looks like you might have gone through the lintel

Also any more pics ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Bermuda to Combi change. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered...
Replies
Views
I have a badly blocked feed pipe to kitchen rad, was running very slowly but I’ve made it much worse trying to clear blockage with curtain wire...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Back