Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss baxi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leakaway

got a baxi combi boiler 2years old and for the last month having to repressurize at least once a week .any ideas??? cant find any obvious leak

Hi mate.
Firstly check for the obvious - i.e around the boiler.
check around radiator valves (this is the most common cause)
check joints in pipework (where visable)
check to see if there are any visual damp patches on ceiling areas.
Before taking up flooring a good inspection within the boiler is needed. ( I was losing pressure through a faulty diveter valve which was easily rectified)
If all is lost then it is time to lift floor boards to find either a leaky joint or burst pipe, however it may not come to this.
Good luck. Let us know how you get on. (bet its a rad valve !!!!)
Cheers
Rob

Sometimes the heat exchanger auto air vents get stuck open, but they are in the combustion chamber usually.

Check the expansion vessel. If it has lost pressure then the water loss may be through the pressure relief pipe if the system pressure goes over about 3 bar when hot. Also check the pressure relief pipe to see if its outlet is wet, this could indicate a faulty PRV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock