Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss baxi duo tec he a 24 gets to temp on boiler then wont fire up again unless reset in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

Hi guys

Any help on this would be appreciated just off to look at it now. Any tips to look for

Thanks in advance

Room stat reached temp? :lol: Unless you know of any codes you're just guessing mate I guess? :)

More info now im at boiler the motor actuator on diverter does not diverter after the hot water has been turned and off it does divert back to hot . No errors given tried another actuator still same

After the demand for hot has finished there is 240 volts on pins 5 & 7 instead of 5&6 which shoukd be back to central heating.

Seen similar on isar, display stayed on d for hw divertor didn't move. New actuator sorted it.

take actuator off and manually depress diverter pin, does that solve it?

possibly not the magnet itself then but def the hall effect sensor. no red light on after hot water demand so it took me a little longer to trace it back to that. luckily cust had manual so i check voltages on specific pins.

possibly not the magnet itself then but def the hall effect sensor. no red light on after hot water demand so it took me a little longer to trace it back to that. luckily cust had manual so i check voltages on specific pins.

thats cheating lol

I've come across this once before and Baxi tech said pub or actuator. Can you confirm it was definitely the Hall effect sensor as I didn't go back to finish the job I went to.

It certainly makes sense... Did you notice whether the hot water demand light stayed on?

After the demand for hot has finished there is 240 volts on pins 5 & 7 instead of 5&6 which shoukd be back to central heating.

is this with a central heating demand if no demand I think diverter reverts to hw

Light never stayed but actuator was still giving 240 v to hot water demand not ch demand after demand for hot water ceased.

got you still giving 240 v to hw pins on diverter - even though boiler was set for heating makes sense

well i feel an idiot went back tonight fitted a new hall sensor still the same problem so to recap what i have done so far.

demand for hot water
red light on sensor comes on
demand for hot water finshes red light comes off
check terminal block x3 and 240 v is still showing demand for hot water and is not reverting back to central heating. no errors codes reset doesnt work on the boiler
but turning the boiler off and back on again does reset the boiler and actuator goes back to central heating and pins on terminal block now showing 240v for ch demand.
my initial thoughts of hall sensor are ill founded now pointing towards pcb .

unless you guys can point me in another direction all help appreciated.

Ooh sounds like some sort of voltage spike or latching? Did u clean out the sensor or just replace bit that clips on.

Could try and discharge pcb, disconnect all leads and turn DHW and ch temp up and down few times. Can sometimes remove gremlins / charge on pcb which leads to small issues. Is boiler supply 100% good earth and neutral?

i replaced with a new sensor and plastic housing.

as far as i know its a good earth but i didnt test it at the time.

It's either the momo actuator or the pcb. Get an actuator, they're cheap and try it. If it doesn't cure it then stick a PCB on. If you ring Baxi they say the same, so custard can't argue too much!

swapped actuator as i had a spare one and no difference so that why i am leaning towards to the pcb. just got a pcb for ÂŁ40.00 quid off fleabay brand new so at that price i'll take a risk on it.

This is only the second I've heard of/seen this on a Duo Tec, so uncommon. I think it's more likely to be the PCB as surely it switches the demand over and moves the actuator, pump, fan, etc. I don't think the actuator actually has that much of a baring on the actions of the boiler. It follows rather than leads. I think so anyway! Ha ha!

these bloody finicky faults do my head in. but i believe in the end it will make me a better engineer

This is only the second I've heard of/seen this on a Duo Tec, so uncommon. I think it's more likely to be the PCB as surely it switches the demand over and moves the actuator, pump, fan, etc. I don't think the actuator actually has that much of a baring on the actions of the boiler. It follows rather than leads. I think so anyway! Ha ha!
those were my thoughts on the actuator. but as i had a spare i tried it anyway as you never know. alas no luck on that one

although i am going to try discharging the pcb as ermintrude . i'm not hopeful but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi duo tec he a 24 gets to temp on boiler then wont fire up again unless reset in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock