Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Megaflow 2 system boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

COL_nottm

Afternoon everyone, I hope your weekends going well, If anyone has a sec to give a helping hand it would be greatly appreciated.

I fitted a Baxi Megaflow 2 18kw system boiler Saturday, as a flush and replacement boiler job (yes i am GSR). I have never fitted this make/model of boiler before and possibly missing something obvious, feel free to add LOL and idiot to your comments hehe

On commissioning the boiler its set to de-aeration mode and then to self calibrate (quite clever!!) all external controls have been tested and function correctly but for the purpose of this issue i have refitted the link between 1 and 2 (heat call) and have permenant live, negative, earth at the boiler.

The display is saying 000, i have ran the CF mode 3-4 times now, the manual tells me that the boiler will return to normal/ operation mode after CF is complete, this takes approx 15-20 mins, i have no error or fault codes displayed.

Problem is the boiler is not firing at all as if there is no call, the manual tells me to set the heat temp to max (80) and the pump should run, i have a return temperature of around 35 degrees so the boiler is not to temp, there is no 230v at the pump but it functions correctly on CF test mode, rads all get hot etc.

Am i stuck in CF mode? is there a way i have to manually exit to user mode, i cant find anything at all in the manual apart from it should return after CF mode automatically?
failing that im guessing i have a faulty pcb?

suggestions and advice much appreciated,

Thanks in advance,
Col.

best ring baxi on Monday as you havent proved your gsr to the forum so you wont get an answer on this site yet I'm afraid

Incase anyone has a similar issue, there seems to be a software issue with these boilers, Baxi updated to 1.44 from 1.2 and no further probs :)

when i started fitting boilers software was what the wife bought to put on the settee

i'm sure you mean soft furnishings, this sounds a little to domesticated are you really a plumber? we aren't supposed to know these words just say cushions pal lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Megaflow 2 system boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
M
I've got a heating boiler which heats up the water in a tank located in a cupboard upstairs and then from there I get hot water & hearing. I get hot water ok but the heating doesn't come on when turning the thermostat to a higher temperature. I've got a 2 way motorized diverter valve which would...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask is there a function to remove air from a Baxi duo tec combi 24 HE A. If there is can some one kindly tell me the procedure. Looking online i found on newer baxi boilers that you turn the heating knob all the way back (12-oclock) anti-clockwise and then 2 quarter...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock