Discuss Baxi megaflow 24 HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boeing

Hello
I have looked through many threads and I need some more advice.
Baxi megaflow 24 HE

Explosive ignition:

basically the the boiler will or will not fire up with a loud bang enough to rattle units
for a while it is fine but after a day it gets progressively worse , had engineer out and it all checked good , although he did find a little moisture in fan , boiler is 6 years old , he said HE a little worn from the starting problem but should be fine , he fired it up and it behaved ,24 ours later and bangs got worse and then one very loud one and boiler shut down showing ei33
i opened it up to check everything and reset ,it is now running again with normal ignition , but for how long , he suggested a new boiler or possible gas valve replacement . I would really appreciate some advice on this as to which road I should go down
brgds
james

Get him back or a second opinion sadly we can't discuss gas issues with you. In my opinion I'd turn it off until it had been sorted.

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi megaflow 24 HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock