Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi megaflow 24 HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boeing

Hello
I have looked through many threads and I need some more advice.
Baxi megaflow 24 HE

Explosive ignition:

basically the the boiler will or will not fire up with a loud bang enough to rattle units
for a while it is fine but after a day it gets progressively worse , had engineer out and it all checked good , although he did find a little moisture in fan , boiler is 6 years old , he said HE a little worn from the starting problem but should be fine , he fired it up and it behaved ,24 ours later and bangs got worse and then one very loud one and boiler shut down showing ei33
i opened it up to check everything and reset ,it is now running again with normal ignition , but for how long , he suggested a new boiler or possible gas valve replacement . I would really appreciate some advice on this as to which road I should go down
brgds
james

Get him back or a second opinion sadly we can't discuss gas issues with you. In my opinion I'd turn it off until it had been sorted.

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi megaflow 24 HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask is there a function to remove air from a Baxi duo tec combi 24 HE A. If there is can some one kindly tell me the procedure. Looking online i found on newer baxi boilers that you turn the heating knob all the way back (12-oclock) anti-clockwise and then 2 quarter...
Replies
Views
I need some advice please. My Baxi boiler went recently faulty. A Baxi engineer came and fixed it in 10 minutes, he said that the ignition lead was connected incorrectly. He said that although the boiler was working, it was struggling until it failed. The boiler was serviced 2 months ago by a...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip coming from the black nylon plastic drain plug at the back of the boiler which is accessible from the underneath. It does not appear to be from the thread...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for someone who can please help solve this problem and fix our boiler. Staffs area. CH seems fine. Boiler can be coaxed into full burn with the fan spinning at full speed, so I think everythings fine on the gas/air/flue/condensate side of things. If there is DHW demand on the...
Replies
Views
Hope someone can offer some help with this issue, I have a Baxi 105e works fine no real downside, serviced looked after regularly. Have an issue with hot water, open hot water taps runs cold and indicates on boiler 60degrees or pump or pressure problem. Leave it ten seconds open taps again low...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock