Discuss Benefits/Advantages of Taking on an Apprentice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voice of reason my backside.

So how much plumbing do you do wetdrip?, how many apprentices you taken on? or is it purely based on the fact that your son is looking for an apprenticeship.

Too much sour grapes about plumbers no taking on apprentices as though it's a god given requirement that they need to put something back into the 'plumbing industry'. Well what a load of bull.

If I was going to take somebody on then I would prefer a 30 year old 'apprentice' than a spotty 16 year old oik that has to have his mobile phone surgically removed every morning.

As for dropping posters down a well, well forum rules prevent me from commenting on such a brainless comment.

I rest my Case.

Well it's like a witch hunt, can't come on begging for themselves or sons to be taken on and then have a go at the people who are in the position to do that, just because they don't.

I'm running a business not a charity, everybody's in the same boat. Maybe if the industry was blossoming and work was coming out yer ears then yes. But the market is saturated with people who have been filled with dreams of easy work for 70 -100k a year.

I feel sorry for the youngsters coming out of school with a real passion for a trade and commitment to make it work. But it doesn't make good business sense, for me, to take somebody on.

It's just a shame that some individuals are too short sighted to see that, and then comments about chucking posters down wells because they have a different view, well, spat dummy, toys out of pram etc fit very nice.

Well it's like a witch hunt, can't come on begging for themselves or sons to be taken on and then have a go at the people who are in the position to do that, just because they don't.

I'm running a business not a charity, everybody's in the same boat. Maybe if the industry was blossoming and work was coming out yer ears then yes. But the market is saturated with people who have been filled with dreams of easy work for 70 -100k a year.

I feel sorry for the youngsters coming out of school with a real passion for a trade and commitment to make it work. But it doesn't make good business sense, for me, to take somebody on.

It's just a shame that some individuals are too short sighted to see that, and then comments about chucking posters down wells because they have a different view, well, spat dummy, toys out of pram etc fit very nice.

In my time I've had around 12 -15 apprentices.Which is 12-15 more than yourself
As far as you being in a position to do something for me/us.
I think not.
You most certainly do not have the temperament to take any apprentice under your wing.
You come across on here as too poisonous.Let me qualify that last statement for you and admin. At no time were you ever singled out by me.
I stated while going through OLD threads.That's using the search on the forum.
So the question you have to ask yourself is: why did you reply so vehemently to my post.
The answer to that is , by your posts, obvious to all.

Last edited:
Please enlighten me.

You just dig yourself deeper and deeper, and the sad thing is you can't even see it.
Jeez.
I do not need to enlighten you, as you've made an utter fool of yourself on here.
Now run along.

Wet Drip. Simon is entitled to his views. As are you. However I will not tolerate the attitude you are displaying.

Take this as a warning to wind your neck in.

You just dig yourself deeper and deeper, and the sad thing is you can't even see it.
Jeez.
I do not need to enlighten you, as you've made an utter fool of yourself on here.
Now run along.

Deeper and deeper? I don't agree with what your saying, tough if you don't like it.

Fine then don't enlighten me. I gave good reasons for my comments.

I now see though why your son is having trouble getting an apprenticeship, obviously a chip off the old block.

A fool, interesting, ah well a happy fool then.

I'll hang around if it's all the same.

Wet Drip. Simon is entitled to his views. As are you. However I will not tolerate the attitude you are displaying.

Take this as a warning to wind your neck in.

My fault croppie, I posted a reply in haste and then deleted it. That was where wetdrips comments came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Benefits/Advantages of Taking on an Apprentice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock