Discuss Best power tools? Not Bosch!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldplumber

I bought a bosch combi drill 13 months back, :) now one af the NimHd batteries is already shot (despite running it flat prior to charging):mad:. Bosch offered a 3 year warranty on the drill but its not muchgood if the batteries die after 13 months, and you find the batteries arent part of a 3 yr warranty. what really ****es me off isIve got 3 NiCad batteries fm Bosch that are 4 yrs old and as good as the day I bought that drill, which is now back in the van. It seems that the more tools cost now the less they last, especially if the makers add "Professional" to the title

Any opinions on the best kit to buy nowadays, Milwarkee seems to be top of the polls in my area

Buy Bosch and read instructions on battery use as Li can be damaged by being discharged totaly like you should do with nim cell or nicads

not aeg perform well but a few probs to date on one we bought mines been ok though

rip the casing of to the batterry cell, get out ur multimeter. you will have a dead cell or two in there. get down to maplins or so, solder new one in and bobs your fannys your aunt. or send of to pro battery repairer google it.

Cordless Power Tool Battery Repair Service - Home

Last edited by a moderator:
best nip back to merchants and retrieve it from assistants *rse where I left it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have not tried them but site tools from screwfix seem good value for money.

erbauer are good cheapish and batteries available, think there german.
scrotumfix.com £90

makita does it for me every time, had the same 18v gun inc 3 batterys for 4 years now.

the wife loves them to, the less i spend on tools, the more she can spend on shoes.:D

Makita most of the time. Still have 2 of the original 3 14.4v batteries from 2 years ago and the 3rd was my fault as I dropped the torch in a cistern. Hilti for big drills for core drilling every time. Last a lifetime if you look after it (and it doesnt get nicked).

Got a Hitatchi 18v combi and impact, look good and perform great. (Green and black series) - Cant fault them at all. Even chose the combi over the makita due to performance being almost identical but the hitatchi taking over in looks (yes thats very sad!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best power tools? Not Bosch!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock