Discuss Best power tools? Not Bosch!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
skrufix.
makita 18v combi 2 batts 30min charger £80?.
any good?.

Yep!!!

Ive had my Makita 18v for several years. Its been hammered repeatedly and daily (excuse the pun)
and its still going strong.

Both batteries have decent charge capacity still and dont take long to recharge.

The drill is still as good as when it was new which is saying a lot!!

bosch (blue) makita or aeg are my thorts only go for 18 volt with 2.6 amp hour batterys anythig less dont have the grunt i am a carpenter by trade and wouldnt use anything else
most come with two batts an a 15 min charger nowadays
o an dont leave them in the van only night the cold drains the batterys

Hmm!

De Walt are part of Black and Decker is probably well known. But did you know Milwaukee, Ryobi, AEG, Regina and few other well known brands all belong to TTI?

Hmm!

Might find out only two people really write to the forum, everybody else is the same person using different names?

Globalisation isn't it?

I'm sure I've moaned about this tool elsewhere, but I bought two Makita drills to replace mine after a theft.

I bought a Makita BTP140RFE 18V Li-ion Cordless Combi Drill, which retails at Screwfix for £380.00 (I paid £310) and a big BHP451RFE, which will set you back another £300.

The combi drill is the WORSE peice of rubbish i ever owned and it's not just me. My mate bought one too and actually killed his on the first day, so got his money back.

I put a 18mm hole through a joist with mine, and it chucked out a load of thick grey smoke. It gets hot just driving in a few screws.

The bigger BHP451RFE, isn't too bad, but has 3 gears and crunches horribly if you tighten the chuck in anything but 1.

I miss my old Makita, I still have a Metabo, Lith Ion that I can't kill. WHich I suppose is a good sign!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i still have a metabo corded hammer drill bought30 years back, no faults yet. draper also provide a great back up if you have any problems from my experience when looking for parts etc, unlike some companies that make you use a premium line to call them

Metabo do excellent stuff but i have mainly Hilti now. Expensive but really can't be beaten. Best screwdriver i ever had was the old makita 9.6 with the long handle. Perfect balance, light weight, good torque just a brilliant machine. I think they are still available but are not cheap. Panasonic also do good stuff.
It depends what you want to use it for. A 9.6v will drive most screws easily but is sh... (self edited) rubbish for drilling but if you are doing a lot of screws it won't tire you. Horses for courses i suppose.

dewalt and makita can't beat them. i've got a set of dewalt 18v drills circular saw and jig they are brilliant and i have makita hammer which never misses a beat can't beat them no way!!!!! i also have bosch combi drill and it seems that the battery runs out to quick and it never has as much power as my dewalt!

Metabo do excellent stuff but i have mainly Hilti now. Expensive but really can't be beaten. Best screwdriver i ever had was the old makita 9.6 with the long handle. Perfect balance, light weight, good torque just a brilliant machine. I think they are still available but are not cheap. Panasonic also do good stuff.
It depends what you want to use it for. A 9.6v will drive most screws easily but is sh... (self edited) rubbish for drilling but if you are doing a lot of screws it won't tire you. Horses for courses i suppose.
As you and Oldplumber say, Metabo do quality tools. Shame they're not better known.

Makita has had it's day. Even though I own loads of Makita, I'm pretty sure the build quality has gone down....just like Dewalts. They used to make good tools. Now they're like DIY quality.

I'd love to buy Hilti, but not many people stock it. Buying from them direct is also very tricky.

Where do you buy your Hilti kit?

I hear Festool make good kit...but never used it.

Hilti have a branch near me, just off Ferry Rd in Edinburgh.
Look up their website to see if they have a branch near you. You can also buy them from the website or they do a contract hire thing if it suits.
Be careful with them if you do buy them. Everybody else likes them too

I never thought an old git having a winge would generate a post going on for so long that people would look at, must have another proper moan about something soon:D:D:D

I never thought an old git having a winge would generate a post going on for so long that people would look at, must have another proper moan about something soon:D:D:D

Ah but you're talking power tools. I've never met a trademen yet that doesn't love a bit of power tool chat. Me and the guys I work with all bought new tools back in March and we talked about them till April!!

Cheers for the advise Tamz, as ever mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best power tools? Not Bosch!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock